Land Cruiser or GT?

• Keep the Land Cruiser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go for the GT

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

nyk438

Established Member
I can get a used 99 for 12k or less. My cruiser is worth with the way it runs now about 6k private sale. Here is my situation. I'm 18 and pay for the car myself--insurance, gas, repairs. For the driving I do i put 20 dollars a week in my car and that'll last me 5 days before I'm on E again. The car is 13 years old and things will start going wrong with it soon. There is no warranty to it. If I keep I plan to use it as an offroad car as well as a daily driver, which means more repairs. I could get GT which is the only car I've wanted other than the LC. For around 100 a month car payment I could have a GT and pay the insurance no problem. I don't know if I should just keep my truck now and not go into debt or what...any opinion's welcome no matter what:-D

Thanks guys.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
are you going to college?

if so, don't invest in a new car unless you have the funds to take car of everything + some :read:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i was in your situation just over a year ago. i had an explorer and in May i traded it in for my GT and i haven't looked back. i am 18 and i go to Texas Tech. i knew i wanted this car since i saw ford was introducing the DSG paint. I saved my money from working and was VERY frugal! and now it pays off when i am in college and can afford my car payment, gas, MODS!!!, and other stuff. get the GT, you'll be happy you did.

SNK BITN

Established Member
As long as the used 99 is really what you want, go for it. If your getting the car just to get a new car, then wait on this.

nyk438

Established Member
It's not JUST to get a new car. It's always been a LC or a Mustang. My land cruiser is having a lot of problems now and the parts are very expensive :bash:

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Forgetting one thing insurance ! ! ! Sorry man IMHO it's just not worth it. That's alot of money to be giving away. Plus 3 years you will be 21 get a cut and be farther along with less debt. You can prolly get something a lil better. JMO though. Full coverage at 18 would be high if you have to pay for your own bills. Tough call though. If i had it to do all over again i'd just stash money away because I cannot stand being in debt. Goto school, invest. :) You can't go wrong in the stock market right now !

Users who are viewing this thread