Get a 2009 below invoice or wait for 2010?

IDGT500

Established Member
Title basically says it all right now my dealership is stuck with 3 2009 GT500s and cant move them at all since the market here is pretty bad. So they are willing to have them let go for 40k since its getting pretty close to the 2010s coming out. Now I guess the question is, will the 2010s be worth the extra $$?I really wasnt looking to spend more than 40k that way incase anything from the economy effected my income id be in the clear, even though its only like 6k it kinda puts it outta my range unless I wanted to wait a year.

Opinions appreciated

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'd stay with your plan. Sounds like you're already reaching, prise wise, for the 09. Your payments will only get bigger with the 10. If it wasnt for the price,..2010 all the way.
I think you can get them lower too. $38-39k I bet. Its really bad out there.

IDGT500

Established Member
I'd stay with your plan. Sounds like you're already reaching, prise wise, for the 09. Your payments will only get bigger with the 10. If it wasnt for the price,..2010 all the way.
I think you can get them lower too. $38-39k I bet. Its really bad out there.

yeah I originally was going to get a new camaro and thats only 34(and that was a good price range)but dealers here are dicks and the ford dealer here has a good rep and did good a good job with my parents truck so I figured id give them my business. Im pretty sure I can get it down another 2k once the 2010s are released so im pretty sure thats what im gonna go with.

kens88gt

Established Member
If money is the limiting factor, I'd go with the '09. I agree if you can wait longer that the '10's may come down in price but can't predict how long that'll be. In any event, both are excellent cars. One way to look at it is if you save the $6k....that much more for mods!
Good luck!

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
its all about the mighty dollar..how big of a payment you want
09 would be a great deal.10's you would have to wait at least\6+months before there priced to move

2000fta

I was in the same situation ... I went with the 09 due to the lower cost, well-sorted design (eg, at the end of it's engineering lifecycle... no TSBs), and look (I'm not a huge fan of the 10). In the end, you should get the car that you are truly passionate about... And only you can make that call. Good luck!

skyhighsd

Established Member
If you like the way the 07-09's look then go for it, I still like them better and maybe my opinon will change after I see a few 10's. But no matter what you will have a great car. For the price I would be all over the 09.

IDGT500

Established Member
the guy from the dalership is going to call me back tomorrow and let me know the production dates on the cars since I dont really want to get one that may end up having a TSB issue, if the white with blue race strip was made on 8/18 or later Im gonna go for it

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Have you thought about picking up a nice used one? Should be pretty easy to find a good one for mid-low 30's. You'd avoid the gg tax too.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
I'm not the type that has to have the "latest and greatest", so to me its a no-brainer... get the '09 at a significant discount, and go drive a great car that you will enjoy just as much as the '10.

The only reason to hold out for a 2010 model is if you like the looks of it significantly more than the '09. The '10 has a little more power showroom stock, but nothing that can't be overcome with a few hundred in parts.

Seahorse

Established Member
I went through the same decision making process a couple weeks back. I went with the '09 for a couple reasons other than the killer deals on them out there now:

1. The rear of '10s are butt ugly, pardon the pun! All jokes aside though, looks are a personal thing, and personally I like the '07's to '09's better.

2. The blackbox'd new models. Have enough Big Brothers watching, don't need anymore.

KILRSVT

Established Member
there is a gut selling a white gt500 with blue stripes for 35,995 its on the gt500 sell forumn. looks real nice. i think the 2010 are somewhat ugly going to take some time to get used to the rear lights...yuck good luck on your purchase

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Last edited:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
This one for sale for $35 <300 miles

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-buy-sell-280/564373-pictures-shelby-gt500-sale.html

Also, most of these folks with near stock 500's priced in the ~38k range will never sell, when you can find new ones for a tad more. I would bet once the 2010's hit the road, there will be lots going for low 30's.

Thats a total of 1 car. Ive been looking and that one is the lowest Ive found. Just the color combo was done on alot of cars. Found used ones but they want more than a brand new 2008. LOL. Go figure. Dose of reality will set it in eventually.
I know I got one a few days ago about my car.

Users who are viewing this thread