Georgia & Next Year's Gun Control

CobraCarrera

Established Member
What do you all think will happen in Georgia if this semi auto weapon ban and whatever else they conjur up goes into effect in 2013...

Are we safer in this state than in other states?

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Hey man, GA is a pretty friendly state for gun owners, however some of this could come from the federal level, like it did under Clinton.

JStyles

Established Member
States in the southeast are better than others, but as stated above AR's may be banned like they were in the 90's....

Shoulda bought that M&P 15 I was looking at a last month haha...

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Hey man, GA is a pretty friendly state for gun owners, however some of this could come from the federal level, like it did under Clinton.

Matt, what happened then...I cant remember all of it...I know they didnt confiscate...What do you think will happen?

States in the southeast are better than others, but as stated above AR's may be banned like they were in the 90's....

Shoulda bought that M&P 15 I was looking at a last month haha...

Yeah....Adventure Outdoors has been packed with people buying up everything in site....You couldnt even walk upto the counter where the AR type rifles were on display....223 ammo was being picked up and bought by the cases......

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Matt, what happened then...I cant remember all of it...I know they didnt confiscate...What do you think will happen?

Certain assault rifles were banned for sale, but I don't remember all the details. IIRC people were getting around it by buying the receiver from one place, then everything else from another place. Also 10+ round mags were banned, I bought a Ruger P95 pistol back then and it's only got 10 round mags.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Certain assault rifles were banned for sale, but I don't remember all the details. IIRC people were getting around it by buying the receiver from one place, then everything else from another place. Also 10+ round mags were banned, I bought a Ruger P95 pistol back then and it's only got 10 round mags.

I was living up north at the time so everything was illegal there (almost).....I didnt notice it as much...

Each hangun I own which I bought up north had to be indiviually registered and purchased at a certain timeframe.......

blk03shkr

Established Member

Yeah....Adventure Outdoors has been packed with people buying up everything in site....You couldnt even walk upto the counter where the AR type rifles were on display....223 ammo was being picked up and bought by the cases......

Did they really have Ar's left in stock? I figured they were all long gone. A guy i know bought two from there week before last.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Did they really have Ar's left in stock? I figured they were all long gone. A guy i know bought two from there week before last.

When I went in there they only had slim pickings.....Even some of the floor models were being picked up (bought)...I'd say they had at least 35% to 40% of the floor models no longer out on display and if you remember the display area is stuffed with AR type weapons usually....

Users who are viewing this thread