Gentlemen - I just joined your ranks!

NorCalGuy

Established Member
All - as you can see this is my first post. I have been lurking in the background for about 8 months reading the threads and educating myself about these cars. Yesterday, I finally ordered my '14 Shelby from San Leandro Ford (SF Bay Area)! I was able to order at MSRP with 1k deposit. Got my VOC printout in hand.

Note - for those of you who are still looking for a great deal, there are two dealerships in Fresno & Bakersfield (CA Central Valley) who are willing to go 1-2k below MSRP. Both cars were Blk/Blk with a mixture of options. I elected to order one with just the option that I wanted. You may be able to negotiate a better deal as I found out upon talking with them that these cars have been sitting on the showroom floor for over a month.

I orderd Blk/Blk w/Recaro's. No other options as I plan to mod this car to my own specifications. Yes, I realize the color combo is one of the most common, but this is my favorite color combo (my 300c SRT8 & last 3 BMW's have been blk/blk). First immediate modification will be Suspension & Rims/Tires.

Question - for those of you who have purchased aftermarket rims, did you elect to go 20" rims on both Rear/Front or stay with stock set-up (20R/19F)? I am leaning towards Forgeline Rims and mounting Micky 305x20's for the much needed hook-up with the BMR suspension. Trying to decide if 20" on all four corners is best. Need your input.

After suspenion and rims/tires, I will dyno at 1k then go ahead and put a horsepower package on it. I have looked at Revan, Lethal, and Evolution web-sites. Due to my ego (admittedly) I would like to install a package that would give me 800hp at the crank so that I can brag. Since I live in CA (only get 91 octane and emissions controled), is 800hp do-able at the crank? Perhps running 91 octane and a bottle of octane boost at each fill-up? I do go up to Infineon Raceway a few times a year (Wed night drags)

I appreciate all the knowledge this site has to offer and I look forward to hearing back from some of you.

Kind regards

reason4treason

Established Member
welcome!

san leandro has one advertised at 87K+ so if you got msrp for an order, good for you

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
All - as you can see this is my first post. I have been lurking in the background for about 8 months reading the threads and educating myself about these cars. Yesterday, I finally ordered my '14 Shelby from San Leandro Ford (SF Bay Area)! I was able to order at MSRP with 1k deposit. Got my VOC printout in hand.

Note - for those of you who are still looking for a great deal, there are two dealerships in Fresno & Bakersfield (CA Central Valley) who are willing to go 1-2k below MSRP. Both cars were Blk/Blk with a mixture of options. I elected to order one with just the option that I wanted. You may be able to negotiate a better deal as I found out upon talking with them that these cars have been sitting on the showroom floor for over a month.

I orderd Blk/Blk w/Recaro's. No other options as I plan to mod this car to my own specifications. Yes, I realize the color combo is one of the most common, but this is my favorite color combo (my 300c SRT8 & last 3 BMW's have been blk/blk). First immediate modification will be Suspension & Rims/Tires.

Question - for those of you who have purchased aftermarket rims, did you elect to go 20" rims on both Rear/Front or stay with stock set-up (20R/19F)? I am leaning towards Forgeline Rims and mounting Micky 305x20's for the much needed hook-up with the BMR suspension. Trying to decide if 20" on all four corners is best. Need your input.

After suspenion and rims/tires, I will dyno at 1k then go ahead and put a horsepower package on it. I have looked at Revan, Lethal, and Evolution web-sites. Due to my ego (admittedly) I would like to install a package that would give me 800hp at the crank so that I can brag. Since I live in CA (only get 91 octane and emissions controled), is 800hp do-able at the crank? Perhps running 91 octane and a bottle of octane boost at each fill-up? I do go up to Infineon Raceway a few times a year (Wed night drags)

I appreciate all the knowledge this site has to offer and I look forward to hearing back from some of you.

Kind regards

Congrats on ordering up your new blk/blk baby. In regards to the upgrades and octane you can safely make the 800fwhp on the 91 but you'll definitely need to run Torco as well. Without it running just 91 you're asking for trouble.

If you have any questions regarding any of the packages or tuning we offer please feel free to give us a call. We're here to help you out and hope to earn your business.

Thanks,
Jared

Van@RevanRacing

Kind regards

Welcome. Most of my customers that I have been providing Forgeline's to have gone the same size on all four corners. Look at different drag radial sizes for your application.

These cars have about a 10% drivetrain loss so you're looking for 720 rwhp at 800 fwhp. This is possible with a few mods. How available is E-85 in your area? E-85, Competition Boost A Pump, Set of Injectors, off road pipe (so you can swap it on for emissions testing) and some custom tuning and you're there. Unfortunately there really is no safe way to make it with 91 octane.

NorCalGuy

Established Member
Welcome fellow Californian!

What car do you drive now?

Currently, I drive an 06' 300C SRT8. 6.1L Hemi with 425hp stock. I bought the car brand new in Nov/05'. Stock dyno was 355 rwhp. With my mods, I now dyno 403 rwhp. My best trip down Infineon was 12.71 @ 110.22mph. I do run Toyo Proxes4 275 x 20" on the rear. Not too bad for 4,300lb 4dr daily driver.

NorCalGuy

Established Member
LOL, yes, they tried to sell me that particular car and were willing to deal. However, after I told them that I could get below MSRP in the Central Valley, they backed off and said no problem, they could order whatever I wanted at MSRP.

lethal

Established Member
LOL, yes, they tried to sell me that particular car and were willing to deal. However, after I told them that I could get below MSRP in the Central Valley, they backed off and said no problem, they could order whatever I wanted at MSRP.

Ah, the old "Oh crap, this guy has done his homework, switch to plan B" move.

Users who are viewing this thread