Genoa Motorsports Race Track

Cobra-R

Established Member
Congrats Kevin, great to see things coming together for you and Gary. :)

We'll make this sticky if you promise to keep us updated and allow all SVT Performance Moderators and members free track access? ;)

Brian

kevin

Cobra-R said:

We'll make this sticky if you promise to keep us updated and allow all SVT Performance Moderators and members free track access? ;)

Brian

I will keep you updated, but gary may "vote" differently, if you remember what i mean ;):beer:

kevin

This is a shortened version. Check out our website for the full version. www.genoamotorsports.com

GENOA MOTORSPORTS COUNTRY CLUB RACE TRACK – FAQ

THE TRACK

What will be the first thing you build?
The 6.26-mile asphalt racetrack. A racing facility is useless without asphalt on the ground and ready to run on. Buildings and other amenities can be built at the same time or after the asphalt is down. We want drivers to get on track.

Is your track for members only?
NO. We have two circuits, 3.72 and 3.17 miles in length. We will build the entire 6.26-mile course at one time. We don’t believe it’s in the best interest of racers and enthusiasts to plan and announce a track and then build only part of it. One circuit will be available to members and the other circuit will be available to car and motorcycle clubs. These can be rotated so that both members and car clubs will enjoy the variety of two circuits that will run safely in both directions. When a circuit is not rented, we will have open test and tune time available.

Will the clubs renting the track be paying for the entire Country Club?
NO. With two available circuits (each with their own paddock) the clubs renting a circuit will only be paying for the cost of that circuit.

Will clubs be able to afford renting a circuit?
ABSOLUTELY YES. Our financial analysis and business model allows us to offer competitive market rates, while offering more amenities. Our rates will be lower than what many of the local enthusiasts have grown accustomed to. Our goal is to provide value, while at the same time providing an unparalled experience.

What amenities will be available to clubs in the paddock area?
The main Paddock building (see our Paddock building renderings) will have garage space available to club members when renting the track. This building will also house race control, classrooms, observation areas (you will be able to see most of the track from its vantage point), as well as proper restrooms and showers. Additional garage buildings will be added as we grow and demand dictates.

We will have areas for those who bring their “home on wheels”. If you have a self-contained RV we will have plenty of space. For those who need or want RV electrical hook-up, we’ll have dedicated pads for those too.

OK, so you are at the track and need gas for the street or racecar. We will have fuel stored and ready to pump in the paddock area – yes, this has been approved in our zoning permit.

What are the advantages to having a known and experienced track design team?
The first and foremost is cost. The old adage “you get what you pay for” is true for racetrack design. Because of Martyn’s experience, insurance costs are typically lower based on his proven “track record”. A proven track designer can be pretty certain that when the track is done it will pass requirements for certification. Bottom line - less costs, cheaper for the clubs to rent.

Another advantage is – SAFETY. When a track has little or no Armco guardrails relative to the racing line, like in our design, there are fewer structures that a car can hit, reducing the potential for damage to a car. This is another insurance cost factor. Less risk equals a lower cost, passed on to the clubs.

Do the track circuits have elevation changes?
YES. The traditional and accepted method of calculating elevation changes for a track is to take the highest point and the lowest point and the difference is the elevation change of the track. The 3.72-mile circuit has 109 feet and the 3.17-mile circuit is 104 feet. There are many additional changes of elevation between the highest and lowest points so that the rolling terrain of the property is fully used for the driver’s enjoyment.

What utilities do you have?
We will be using municipal water (town of Genoa). We already have 12,470 volts three-phase power on the property (enough to power a small city), and have data lines, telephone, natural gas, and fiber optics running to the property.

What about the other motorsports related venues you have on your 2700-acre site plan?
Our concentration is on the 6.26-mile asphalt road course and amenities. We have set aside approximately 1,250 acres (out of the 2,700) for others who may want to design, build, and operate their own motorsports related venues. We are looking at this site as a family park where dad can do one kind of racing mom can do another and the kids could run go-karts or race ¼ midgets. The County Club Members and car and motorcycle clubs that rent the 6.26-mile racetrack or either of its circuits will not be financially supporting these other venues. If you are an enthusiast/entrepreneur wishing to build and operate a race venue on our Park site, just call us.

We openly welcome any questions or comments; please contact us so that we may be able to answer them. We will respond to each one personally and if we think they are of general interest and we are able to answer them, we will add them to our FAQ. This way you can get the answer straight from the source, us.

For those interested in our Membership plans, we will be adding a Membership FAQ soon.

Contact us at: e-mail: [email protected]

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Awesome, I will be there when its opening, I'll be the first to do it in reverse!! LOL

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Cobra-R said:

Brian

Woo Hoo! We'd give you "double" sticky status for track access!! :pepper: :pepper:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Kevin:

In all seriousness, congratulations on a fantastic venture! :thumbsup: Sounds like a great track! :D

I especially like the concept of being able to drive the track in both directions! :pepper: Very awesome idea! :idea: that will add a lot of interest for the participants, I can assure you! :read:

Who designed the track? I missed that if it was in the track information? We can wait unti '08. We are a patient lot! Besides, '08 will be here before we know it anyway?! ;-)

I wish you guys the best for the endeavor! Sounds like an awesome plan?!

:thumbsup: :beer: :coolman:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Woo Hoo! We'd give you "double" sticky status for track access!! :pepper: :pepper:

And double secret probation if you don't:lol1: :-D

kevin

ac427cobra said:
Kevin:

In all seriousness, congratulations on a fantastic venture! :thumbsup: Sounds like a great track! :D

I especially like the concept of being able to drive the track in both directions! :pepper: Very awesome idea! :idea: that will add a lot of interest for the participants, I can assure you! :read:

Who designed the track? I missed that if it was in the track information? We can wait unti '08. We are a patient lot! Besides, '08 will be here before we know it anyway?! ;-)

I wish you guys the best for the endeavor! Sounds like an awesome plan?!

:thumbsup: :beer: :coolman:

Thanks. The track designer is martyn Thake - Camp Car. http://www.genoamotorsports.com/sub_announcement-trackdesigner.php

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Well, I grew up and lived in the Denver area for 34 years. I used to go out to Second Creek. I am guessing that, that is one of the tracks you are refering to talking about closeures. How many members will there be? Good Luck! Only problem I could think of is it is so close to Limon. Famous for tornados! Just be sure there is a trailer park across the street. You know the tornado will go for the trailer park instead of the track!:beer:

Last edited:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Kevin, when will it be finished? I want first dibs!!...........this might involve me sneaking at night in if need be!! LOL JK

Dave

kevin

ac427cobra said:
Linky no workie!?! :(

PS I think you should pave the track with clay and have us boys come out there with some dirt cars and pack it for you!?!?! :idea: :read:

:lol: :pepper: :thumbsup: :beer: :coolman: :pop:

wierd, worked for me just now when i clicked on it. have you gone back to dial-up? :)

i don't know why it wouldn't work for you. would you like some personal service and i send you a private email with your very own link? :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
kevin said:
wierd, worked for me just now when i clicked on it. have you gone back to dial-up? :)

i don't know why it wouldn't work for you. would you like some personal service and i send you a private email with your very own link? :)

Now it's working?!! :shrug: Thanks for the PM Kevin! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread