Genoa Motorsports Race Track

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
Track

Kevin, this is great news. The setup looks fine!! I guess Kansas will BE worth crossing now!! Keep us posted. Scott

Stanger58

Established Member
CONGRATS Kevin!! :beer: The proposal looks great... I can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Onward!! :thumbsup:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
GENOA race track.......

That is great Kev.

Look forward to visiting you at the track.

I assume we can camp out at your "Ranch", as long as we bring the :beer: :beer: :poke:

kevin

Thanks guys. I know you may not be able to see the topo relief lines, but just imagine the long left-hand sweeper climbing uphill below the clubhouse off-camber. There is a lot the 1D plan just can't show.

JoeJ

Established Member
Kevin,

Oh yes..this will work big time. Looks good. Should be a blast to drive. Will have to add it as a track I just have to run. Keep us informed on the progress.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Congrats Kevin and Gary! Knowing both of you, I know it will be a first rate track and facility.

Let me know when it is ready for a trial run! :D

kevin

Dean95CobraR said:
Congrats Kevin and Gary! Knowing both of you, I know it will be a first rate track and facility.

Let me know when it is ready for a trial run! :D

will doo. we may have to have some "fast" people come out for a "test" :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
JoeJ said:
Guys,

Check out this car. It might be something one of the AIX guys would like to buy and take it out to Colorado to try out the new track.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150066964917&fromMakeTrack=true

Two lines that really caught my eye:

Corner weighted, scaled and balanced, 3040lb 1/2 fuel
723hp dynoed, custom built cross ram 8 throttle bodied engine

:eek: :pepper: :rockon: :bowdown:

My bid is in!!

Notice the "Older and Slower" R in tow?!?:poke:

c5_12.JPG

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
JoeJ said:
Check out this car. It might be something one of the AIX guys would like to buy and take it out to Colorado to try out the new track.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150066964917&fromMakeTrack=true

Wow! Someone really did decide to build a real race car. :-D

Then laid out the plans for a 200mph sledgehammer built for open road races, NASA american iron extreme, club events. The Mustang was built in 2000, freshend and converted to a widebody 2004. This car has been in its current state since 2004.
I would have mentioned the lap times and race results. It sounds like a rocket....but what will it do at RA?

Over $100,000.00 to build.
I believe that. He probably has some labor in the car that isn't included in this number.

I wonder what a AIX car cost to run? I know the faster the car; the more each weekend costs.

Hoosier 315 tires, extra sticker tires
I know 315 Hoosiers aren't cheap and with 723HP; it seems like you'll go through a bunch of sets in a season.

Oh well, it has about 300HP+ too much for me to drive well (due to lack of talent).

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Very little said about the details of the suspension. Interesting!!

Brian

I have seen that car in person up at RA a few times. It had a custom trans am style 3 link (spring 3rd link) in the rear end and a custom tubular K member/arms in the front. The builder of this car is/was an aircraft fabricator (If I recall correctly his name was Jason Nue i think...) and he turned that into an automotive fabrication shop.

The quality was pretty good on the work, the car was smoking fast - it's got an injected winston cup motor - there was something odd about the cage if I remember correctly but the pictures don't show it.

Overall i think that would be a killer car for the price!!!

edit: Just a note, it has been hit, the last time I saw that car run it broke a caliper mount on the front coming into T5 at RA and bounced off the inside wall a few times.

Also, congratulations to Kevin on the project!!! I hope things go well and I can't wait for the opportunity to get out there some day!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread