Generation Kill

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
yay? nay?..heard about this series when it came out for HBO. :rockon::rockon:. Any stanger Devil Dogs care to comment on the real 1'st Marine Recon team, the series is based on? pretty acurate?

bone stock

Established Member
I read the book when it first came out and it was excellent. The series on HBO is hilarious and worth buying.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Honestly, the HBO series was some funny shit. I was pretty much laughing the entire time.

Then I showed my friend who isnt in the military and he didnt understand it at all and didnt find it funny. He still liked it though.

I would buy it in a heart beat if I wasnt so broke. Its like $25 on amazon.

t0ad

The Nightman
Established Member
I haven't seen it, but my cousin plays SGT MAJ John Sixta. He spent time with Marines prior to the shoot to get an idea of what they are like. He asked me about his impressions and as a former Marine myself I told him they were pretty much right on.

I have heard good and bad about the series. I hope it keeps the Corps in a good light.

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
I was on vacation in Key West and I watched it in the hotel room. Pretty neat show actually. I turned it on during when one of the teams had to block some road, and a car was coming up and one of the marines shot a warning shot at the floor and it ricochet off the ground and split this civilians head as he was walking away. That alone made me love the series.

Users who are viewing this thread