General Suspension Question

Bionik_P

Established Member
After being at the track this weekend for the first time I could see how new suspension parts will make a difference with the car. (seeing how other Cobra owners were running with suspension mods) So here's my question....I see a lot of Cobra owners changing out their springs, but not necessarily changing the shocks/struts along with the springs. Why is that? Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that when you lowered the car with the stock struts/shocks, you were degrading the life of those shocks/struts a lot quicker. I also thought that the car would not handle as well since the shocks/struts have less distance to travel to react to bumps, curves, etc. Or do the Bilsteins that come on the car have something to do with this practice?

Pat

Bionik_P

Established Member
And yes, I know all about the "Red Pill".....I plan on following that, but I still was wondering about this question....

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the spacers that come with the caster/camber plates allow the body of the car to be closer to the ground but still leaving enough travel in the strut.

the street springs people are switching to have a similar spring rate so the shock valving doesnt really need to be changed

Users who are viewing this thread