General GMAX tire noise under 20mph?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Anybody running these tires? I run a 245/40r20 on the front of my 2012 Coyote and they've been great for I'd say over 25k miles. What I'm starting to notice though and it's possible I need an alignment although I've not hit any big holes and the car drives straight but now under 25mph or so the front tire (passenger side I think) has a nice grunt grunt grunt grunt to it when you are coming to a stop. It's not my brakes as it does it weather on or off the brake or gas. I'm 90% sure it's the tires. Anything above 25mph and it's completely goes away though and its whisper quiet. Anybody else experience this with these tires? Is this something you guys/gals would just chalk up to it is what it is unless it gets worse or would you get an alignment/have a shop listen to it. I think it's ok but just wanting opinions. Car has 60k miles and I could rotate the tires now but in the warmer months I run a wider rear tire . Right now it's squared up for cold weather driving

paintballpyro1

Established Member
If your running the same size on front and rear I would suggest rotating them to the rear to see if the noise follows.

If it does I would take it to discount tire and see if they can throw it on their road force balancer to see if it's potentially out of round or starting to separate.

Users who are viewing this thread