Gen5 3.0 Whipple 1/4 pass. Videos inside

stangfreak

Established Member
That's badass lol. That's some great history right there. Where's that car now?!
yea I was lucky to be there that day. They had no idea that video was going to blow up like that. My buddy shot it just for fun. I was standing right behind him when he shot it and literally an hour before he shot it, the old owner joe asked me if I wanted to take snakebite out. so I said hell yea lol. That car for what it had back then, once it hit 3rd gear, it was gone. You knew you were going to win a race just by third gear. It pulled hard.

snakebite was sold to one of the owners friend. It turned too racey. stay tuned hehehe. its still around.

This was snakebite when it got sold to the new owner. I was here as well, you can see me walk in the dyno room with my buddy. This was the 3.4 with the STANDARD inlet. Lots of power was being left on the table. Huge blower with a bottle neck inlet and it had 15 degrees of timing.,

This was my friends aj whipple cobra on 23lbs of boost stock motor. we had our buddy filming and I was in the passanger seat during this fly by. same road. I was shitting in pants on that run lol

Last edited:

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Basically a solid mid 9 second street car with no problem, that's awesome! Nice setup!

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
The 2.8 is a great blower. I bought one from a member on modularfords. standard inlet. when ups dropped it off at my shop, it was damaged. The snout was broken. I was pissed off. But a lot of my friends had the 2.8 and they ran hard. But Im a whipple guy. The 2.9 and 3.0 are where its at. Not a fan of the 3.4 whipple. Its either you get a 2.9 or a 3.0.

Keep what you have. or else you will fall into the trap like all of us cobra owners. you buy and sell buy and sell for the lastest and greatest and you are still within the same hp range. Plus our cars are old so, not sure if whipple or kb or vmp will keep making newer blowers. we are not even getting the 3.8 whipple I was told. so.

The 3.8 would be too much for 99% of terminator owners and I totally agree on keeping what you have. I saw a fb post from Dustin Whipple stating gen6 is on the horizon but there wasn't any info if it was a rotor or case upgrade from the gen5. It will be interesting to see if our platform keeps getting improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread