Gen-II Whipple Combo

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Just removed the lower pulley / heaton set-up today & installed a Gen-II 2.3 Whipple. Swapped the pulley over to a 3.25 & have a base-tune going.

Want to find out other Gen-II owners combos (upper only preferrably) and boost readings.

Thanks!

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Reason I'm asking is I thought the new Gen-II was putting out 2lbs more than before. A 3.25 normally puts out 15lbs and that's what I'm reading. If that's the case I'm switching over to a 3.00 pulley.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The 2lbs of boost more is up for speculation in my mind. I see just short of 16 psi with a 3.25, and around 18 psi on warm days, and almost 19 psi on days when it is below 50 degrees outside with my 3.0 (17lb) pulley. I have the gen-I 140ax, not the new gen-II.

-Jeff

Silverboost

Established Member
i have a gen II with the 3.25 and i see around 16 to 16.25 with a spike to 17lbs. I also have an off-road h-pipe which I am probably losing about a pound of boost from...

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Well maybe it needs to break in or something. Temp yesterday was high 60's and it was solid @ 15psi. I'm gonna get a 3.0 pulley & go from there. Just wanted to get an idea.

Thanks fellas!

Users who are viewing this thread