Gen 3 Engine Swap

MDillon

I am looking at putting a Gen 3 into a 1951 Mercury M1 truck.. the engine part number is M-6007-M50Auto.. the motor was in a 64 Merc but owner had problems getting tuned and running properly. It was running a AODE/4R70W transmission with a M-6017-M50B Control Pak... which i thought was for manual transmission??

What Control Pak/PCM/ECU or whatever you wanna call it should I be running?? I am going to go with likely the same automatic transmission.

Is there any stand alone control paks for Gen 3. seem to be a lot available for gen 1 and 2 but nothing for 3?
Is Ford Performance the only solution? And if so what part # if someone could help.

thanks

PC03GT

Established Member
I am looking at putting a Gen 3 into a 1951 Mercury M1 truck.. the engine part number is M-6007-M50Auto.. the motor was in a 64 Merc but owner had problems getting tuned and running properly. It was running a AODE/4R70W transmission with a M-6017-M50B Control Pak... which i thought was for manual transmission??

What Control Pak/PCM/ECU or whatever you wanna call it should I be running?? I am going to go with likely the same automatic transmission.

Is there any stand alone control paks for Gen 3. seem to be a lot available for gen 1 and 2 but nothing for 3?
Is Ford Performance the only solution? And if so what part # if someone could help.

thanks
Call Power bt the Hour, they specialize in all the coyote swaps

Users who are viewing this thread