Gen 2 Viper or GTM?

93cbra

Established Member
So,wanted to post 2 of my dream cars. Which one? Will be taking out a loan for 35K and these are the two cars I had in mind (would be a GTM kit, so I’d have to build it). Any advice? I’m a bit worried that the GTM would take me forever to build. Love both these cars though.
Any input from you guys?

Attachments

• BBC0A46B-DDE0-4912-A6C6-8482CDA7B1C7.jpeg
    BBC0A46B-DDE0-4912-A6C6-8482CDA7B1C7.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 484
  • BEA1D044-0D76-47C0-8727-17554C8541A2.jpeg
    BEA1D044-0D76-47C0-8727-17554C8541A2.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 1,111

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Regarding the FF GTM kit...

I was about to order FF's Daytona Coupe kit last year, till I realized I was planning to move in 3-4 years and may or may not have enough time to finish the build based on other forum discussions I'd read.

FWIW, YMMV, YOLO,

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have a love/hate relationship with Vipers... I love them but everyone I’ve ever driven has had build quality issues. Between rattles and clunks it just feels like a low end car. Can’t imagine a kit car being any better ....

bullitt2735

Established Member
Viper if I ever build a kit it will be a racecar replica SLC. Check them out, way better chassis design in my opinion vs the gtm

Recon

Established Member
Viper. Two of my favorite things about the cars are; they are an assault on the senses and they want to kill you.
The GTM is nice and has the potnential to be a very deadly depending on the engine you put in and what mods you do to it. But I’d still get the viper.

Pick your poison.

blk02edge

Established Member
Does 35k get a decent gen 2 gts...? Far from up here. GTM is ugly id way rather build the daytona but also, 35k probably isnt realistic

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Viper. I don't really care when I see a GTM (granted most I see look like a 5 year old put them together and they have some wack stock LS1) but I love seeing a Gen 2 Viper.

93cbra

Established Member
I probably will end up getting a Viper. $35K will definitely be cutting it close for a GTS but may have to settle for an RT/10. Not really settling though I guess, I'd love either model.

kwkshift

Established Member
I'd look at a red Viper. The blue/ white cars command a premium. Unless you buy it from a dealer, the Viper won't lose value when you sell it, where as it seems every kit car you take a beating when it comes time to sell.

Plus, when you get the Viper, you can start driving it right away! No need to wait forever building it and getting the bugs worked out for months/ years. F that!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I would suggest the Viper as well for resale. At 35k you are going to have a hard time finding a clean Viper GTS though.

72SBC

Established Member
Viper, then get some exhaust so you can hear the rumpity rump. Here is my old one.

72SBC

Established Member
Also when looking at vipers, check the door sag, hood alinement and try to get a car with upgraded brakes. A/C doesn’t work in any Viper so don’t worry. Also check wiper blade motion.

And the most important, Check your coolant overflows, there are 2 of them! It will cause you to over heat.

smitty2919

Established Member
Is the $35K for the GTM all in and is EVERYTHING supplied? Meaning it's not a base kit and then you need to source more parts? I can see that being more expensive and if taking out a loan for a car you need to build PLUS add more money for additional parts.

I've never driven a Viper but I assume they can get rowdy.

Both will draw attention. One will take longer for you to enjoy (GTM). Viper would be a buy a drive car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Viper.

I have a love/hate relationship with Vipers... I love them but everyone I’ve ever driven has had build quality issues. Between rattles and clunks it just feels like a low end car. Can’t imagine a kit car being any better ....

Come up to the Midwest and I'll give you a ride!

Users who are viewing this thread