GEN 2 head cooling mod issues

bomrrman84

Established Member
havent posted anything in a while sinc i havent had any problems i couldnt resolve with the search function......until now. went to install my head cooling mod today (gen 2 that i ordered from lethal) and im having some problems making things fit.....that giant harness with all the conduit is in the way and i dont want to break anything. everything went well until i tried to get the aluminium fitting into the head. i just cant get enough space to fit it in there. removed the EGR assembly and all the smog crap, even took off the inspection plate on DS head to give the wires some slack. is there a clip or something down in the middle behind the motor? i tried pulling it but it feels like stuff is just gonna break. any suggestions? im suppose to dyno on Sun, so any help you guys could offer would be awesome. thanks.:shrug:

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Yes there is a push clip back there somewhere that should pop out and give you some more room. You should be able to push it back just far enough without undoing it though. You're not going to break the wires.

bomrrman84

Established Member
ill take a look at it again tomorrow.....it was so tight i couldn't even get it to wiggle at all. i tried prying at a it and still not enough room to get the fitting in there. what else can i remove to facilitate the process? (please dont say the supercharger, it was the whole reason i went with the gen 2)

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Do your research...some people install it with blower on some with blower off...I took blower off bc I was doing a blower swap. I couldn't imagine doing it myself with the blower on...have you looked for a qualified shop?
The reason I recommend this is bc you can really mess up if you don't have the right room or angle to hit the plug out
Good luck

ctubbs

Established Member
I just did mine a few weeks ago. I had the blower off. I couldn't imagine having to do it with the blower on. I'm not a fan of the kit. Really cheap looking and the fitting that goes into the head didn't fit very well on my car. Even with the retaining clip on I can still wiggle the fitting quite a bit. I hope it don't leak once I get the car started. That wiring harness was still in the way with the blower off, but I'm sure not nearly as bad as with the blower on

Users who are viewing this thread