geh.. need advice.

joec

Established Member
Ok. I'm going tommorow to have a new rack and pinion installed. It's going to cost me almost 600 dollars, so I took out a line of credit. While i'm there, i'm going to have them go over the car top to bottom and get it back in perfect order. My car has almost 130k miles on it and it's a 1998 Cobra. What should I ask them to look for/do in peticular? They're a full-service auto place, so nothing is out of the question.

Any ideas? Nothing is too small. I want everybody's opinion, because i'm getting ready to sell the car and i want it to be in perfect order.

thanks!

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
OK, here we go. This will be long.

Fuel Fliter
PCV valve
Spark Plugs
Plug Wires
Ball Joints
U-joints(on driveshaft)
all bushings on the car
Motor mounts(if needed)
Brakes(new pads/rotors)
tires(if needed)
Replace trans fluid
Replace differential fluid
Clean IAC
Oil change(DUH)
CLEAN THEM DAMN IMRC's!!!!!!!!!!!

thats all I can think of right now

After all this youll want to keep the car as it will be running so nicely. I say screw selling it. Fix up what needs fixing and keep that thing!!!

joec

Established Member
i may think about keeping it. It's just been a long road. i moved out of my parents house and i've been trying to pay bills and ....... ive been neglecting the cobra. she's been going down hill for awhile. so maybe this will light a new spark in my eye for her. i dunno. hopefully!

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Why sell it after its been gone over??

Keep it. Unless you're buying a new car, you're getting something else with problems that you DON'T know about. At least with your Cobra, you know what needs work and what has been replaced & fixed.

Just a thought.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Don't invest any more $$$ if you are selling it. Always sell it "as is" cause you will never get your repair money back. Be honest with the buyer and just let them get it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread