Gears Question

Solopony

Established Member
I won 250$ labor at a local shop and pretty much think this is going to get the ball rolling on getting gears put into my car. I have 03 GT with just a Borla stinger cat back exhaust. It is a 5 speed and has just about 90k on it. I am kinda stuck between 3.90 and 4.10 gears so I'd like to hear some personal opinions on that. I would also like to get some opinions on whether or not I should get a speedcal or tuner. The car is still a daily driver and will probably be that way for a little while with some small mods here and there. What tuner is recommended and where from? Which one is the best bang for the buck? Is there decent pickups from just a tuner and gears on my car? I might want it because i was thinking about a off road xpipe anyway. I could do a search and understand these kind of questions have been covered a lot but I really would like to hear personal opinions.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Okay 4.10s are better that 3.90. You wont see a diference mpg between the two but you should definately do it right the first time. I have heard that 4.10s are minimal. Check out American muscle and get the gear and tuner package. You also get free mail order tunes for life for the cost of $576 or something like that.

bigwill306

Im Broke Bitch
Established Member
i loved my 3.73's, but that was with a built motor in my 93 Gt. it would still pull like hell cruising down the highway. but it was making alot of power. best all around gear in my opinion. but a 4.10 with less power would be great also.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
another question is, do you plan on boosting later down the road or staying n/a? If boosting, definitely go with 3.73's. You would be decent to get away with 4.10's n/a. Again just my personal opinion

Users who are viewing this thread