gears and speedo

ez112

Established Member
I'm under the impression my speedometer is now out of wack since I went from 3.55 to 4.10's.

I have a diablo predator. Will that be able to fix the speedo? If so...uhh...how do I do it? :shrug:

Thanks!

E

uncooked

Established Member
read your predator manual its in there !

Just under the tune adjustments there is axle in there and you can type in any number in .1 increments i believe

How do you like the 4:10's ? Im really thinking about doing the same... 3.55 - 4.10

Traction is already a bitch but im on crappy hankooks... Ive got slicks for the track now and plan on T bars and mickey thompsons for the street.

Have you done any OD off pulls where does she run out of gear in 3rd ? (mph)

LSUstang05

Established Member
Play around w/ the diablo some. It's under a tune adjustment file or some sort if I'm not mistaken. And if I remember right, when I did it on my Mustang you could only change it to either 4.09 or 4.11. That isn't a big deal and your speedo wont even be noticeably off.

uncooked

Established Member
+1 Im really considering this.... Truck is no longer the DD, just a fun toy. Just don't want to run out of gear...

ez112

Established Member
The 4.10's I love a lot. Rather a kick off the line will now throw you back. With pretty much JUST the gears done (did a valve body, a Tru Trac, bassani mids too though) my quarter mile went from

13.1@103
1.90 60'

TO

12.9@101
1.79 60'

MAYBE there is room for improvement since with a more aggressive launch it started to have a little wheel hop. But maybe that could be cuz of the Tru Trac? Either way traction bars are a must now.

I would like to say a good 40 or 50 feet before I finish my 1/4 I shift into 4th. I can't tell you the MPH because obviously it's out of wack. 92? I never really thought about doing a run out of OD, because I hear that you trap an even lesser MPH? I did a search on here and thats what some people were saying. And with me NOW shifting into 4th (I don't THINK I did before), I didn't wanna runout it on. So sorry I don't have an answer for ya on that. :(

The only thing I can do is do a scan with my tuner and log it and tell you when I hit 4th when I'm at WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread