Gear change tune help

Schmity

Established Member
So i recently insalled 3.73s from 3.31 on my 2013 mustang 5.0 with a manual transmission. And for the life of me i cannot seem to figure out how to correctly tune on the SCT tuner for the gear change. I have an MPT performance tune on the car to adjust for other mods i have. So with this tune already uploaded i would simply go to the strategy tune section and change the gear ratio and start to upload those changes. But once i drive with that change made the car is no longer on my MPT tune anymore? So im obviously doing something wrong so could someone walk me through the steps of changing my gear ratio and have my normal performance tune but have the correct speed on my speedo...
Thanks

evil281

Established Member
I had this same issue with my sct tuner. It would "load" the adjustments but was not actually changing anything. I had to load the stock tune back on the car and then install the custom tune while changing the gear ratio at the same time.

Schmity

Established Member
I had this same issue with my sct tuner. It would "load" the adjustments but was not actually changing anything. I had to load the stock tune back on the car and then install the custom tune while changing the gear ratio at the same time.

How would you go about changing the gear ratio at the same time as installing the custom tune?

evil281

Established Member
How would you go about changing the gear ratio at the same time as installing the custom tune?

When you are in the load menu for the new tune there is a question about changing or adjusting certain settings. It gives you a tire size option and gear ratio option.

At least that how it worked on the x3

Schmity

Established Member
I've never heard of it not being available. Just go try it and let us know if it does or does not ask the question.

When i go to upload a tune under the program vehicle- custom tune- then itll say to turn the key off then on and select my custom tune. Once selected it goes straight to a screen saying begin program or to cancel program and then it begins to upload the tune.

dennisn

Established Member
Your tuner(person who wrote tune) must have that unlocked and allow you to change that parameter or exactly what your saying(goes straight to loading tune) will happen. Talk to your tuner.

Last edited:

Schmity

Established Member
Your tuner(person who wrote tune) must have that unlocked and allow you to change that parameter or exactly what your saying(goes straight to loading tune) will happen. Talk to your tuner.

Okay i just contacted my tuner (MPT) so hopefully this can be sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread