Gaylord Speedsturr in canada

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
Anyone with a Speedsturr in Canada??...I have spoke with Kris at Gaylords..He seems really Cool..And is willing to take care of me...Just a question..anyone have it delivered to Canada?..just wondering what you got dinged with at the border...what duties and how was it shipped??
Ive had parts shipped to Canada..at a great price..then anally raped when i got the brokerage and duty fees...

I really want this Lid..Its alittle more pricey than i was willing to pay...Just want to make sure i dont get screwed with extra costs...
thanks...in advance

MJG

Established Member
I get all my parts shipped to a contact in Buffalo, close to the border,thisway you are paying cheap shipping with the continental 48. Drive over the border and pick it up, then you're only paying our taxes, no other duties and brokerage fees etc.
I've done with with my shortblock,heads/cams, and exhaust.
Must have saved nearly 1000 bucks all together.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
i was hoping for a supplier in buffalo...but no one in buffalo carries the lids....i wanted to do the 2 hour drive to the states....

on another note..bad experience with Diego and his tuning?????

MJG

Established Member
That particular shop, if I had a mustang, not a problem. The few experiences Ive had regarding my truck (and a few other L's), let's just say I won't be going back.

20LethalVenom03

Beaver Hunter
Established Member
check around for any supplier in upstate ny....someone has to sell it, you could also have it sent to a body shop and PTM and then just show up, pay them install it and go home.

masvt

Established Member
There used to be a place in St Catherines that sold Gaylord covers that's where I bought mine.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
i have checked all over for retailers in canada....Van and Truck World used too ...but not anymore....

thats a good idea about the bodyshop...ill check that out today...thanks guys..

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
i send a lot of stuff i order in the US to a company that acts as a US address for people who live in canada.

All i do is put my name, then their company name on my shipping address and when they get it they call me and i go pick it up. It's nice as a lot of places don't accept PO boxes.

I'm sure there are some in buffalo.

Sean

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread