Gawd, i love these car's

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
some, shit talking EVO owner comes down. to the meet up tonight. talking down on cobra's. he ask if i was supercharged, and i told him no. then i laughed and said '' i bet your slow '' , i looked at him and laughed my ass off. asked what was done. '' CAI,Xpipe,weld in flowmaster mufflers''. and he said if i wanted to run his 05 EVO with exhaust, tune , boost cont. i told him what the hell, havet ran a EVO yet. so i told him from a 20 punch ;-) . we go i instantly pulled a car on him and held it to about 100+ then he comes back and pulls a half car on me. he gets mad and sad lets do a 40, i told him na how about 50(stock 3.27's suck) so we go and i pulled half car on him and hold him off till 100+ then he puts half car on me and thats that. i had a friend with me and he was riding solo. the outcome was quite good. i would think he woulda pulled more on me. guess my 4.30's sitting here will help out a lil :)

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
A Robinson. said:
be careful, it takes very little effort to make those cars deadly.

So? It doesn't matter the 'potential' of the car or what other owners have done - it's what THAT car puts down at THAT time. It doesn't take much effort ($600 nitrous kit) to put a New Edge Cobra into the low 12s or high 11's.

This is just like 'corrected HP' numbers from a dyno. Who cares? Dynos don't race, cars do. The car doesn't give a crap about corrected numbers when you are dragging it - the only thing that matters is how much power it is making at that moment. You don't get 'bonus time' added because it was not 'ideal conditions' when you ran.

Good kill and highspeed death.

Last edited:

A Robinson.

Banned
lemosley01 said:
So? It doesn't matter the 'potential' of the car or what other owners have done - it's what THAT car puts down at THAT time. It doesn't take much effort ($600 nitrous kit) to put a New Edge Cobra into the low 12s or high 11's.

Dont get your panty's in a bunch, I realize any mention of any other car on a mustang board is grounds for a flame war. With that said if you think bolting a Nitrous system to a (bone stock 01) will net low 12's- high 11's. You should have you head examined. $600 is barley buying you a mid pipe and cat-back. Much less mods anything remotely close to netting 11's.

Good luck.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
A Robinson. said:
Dont get your panty's in a bunch, I realize any mention of any other car on a mustang board is grounds for a flame war. With that said if you think bolting a Nitrous system to a (bone stock 01) will net low 12's- high 11's. You should have you head examined. $600 is barley buying you a mid pipe and cat-back. Much less mods anything remotely close to netting 11's.

Good luck.

Panty's aren't in a bunch, I'm just sick of hearing 'you can do XYZ and make it fast'. The point is that 'XYZ' WASN'T done to this particular car; there's no such thing as 'fast by association'. He never claimed he could beat all Evos, just that he was surprised at how well his 'slow' cobra hung with that particular (modded) Evo.

$600 will buy you a nitrous kit. Throw in 150 shot jets, and yes, you can get into the low 12/high 11s. I guess you'll need drag radials and probably some weight reduction, too (which is free), but, with a 150 shot, you're looking at close to 400 RWHP. Bob Cosby and Shawn Johnson both run low/mid 11's with less than that. So, for the Nitrous kit and DR we'll say $1000.

The average driver won't get into the 11s, but they should see mid 12s with some practice. Throw someone like Bob or Joe Lynch behind the wheel and I'll bet they can break off 11 second timeslips (assuming they don't break a half-shaft first)

A Robinson.

Banned
lemosley01 said:
$600 will buy you a nitrous kit. Throw in 150 shot jets, and yes, you can get into the low 12/high 11s. I guess you'll need drag radials and probably some weight reduction, too (which is free), but, with a 150 shot, you're looking at close to 400 RWHP. Bob Cosby and Shawn Johnson both run low/mid 11's with less than that. So, for the Nitrous kit and DR we'll say $1000.

The average driver won't get into the 11s, but they should see mid 12s with some practice. Throw someone like Bob or Joe Lynch behind the wheel and I'll bet they can break off 11 second timeslips (assuming they don't break a half-shaft first)

Thats the spirit.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
quadcammer said:
any evo owner that will go from a roll is fairly stupid.

You have to respect the guy for giving up his only real advantage to see which motor was able to get the job done better. I'm sure 01blue knows how bad he would have had it if they went from a stop.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Stock/lightly modded evo's aren't very strong from a roll. I've beat an evo and sti from a roll, but from a dig they'd slaughter me.

A Robinson.

Banned
BlueStripe said:
You have to respect the guy for giving up his only real advantage to see which motor was able to get the job done better. I'm sure 01blue knows how bad he would have had it if they went from a stop.

WOW, a mustang guy defending roll racing. I have heard and seen it all. As far as motors go, the stock unported cylinder head on an evo flows more than the heads on a unported 01 32v cobra. Hows that relevant you ask? its not, just another useless point in a thread full of useless points. However put good suspension juice and tires on the cobra take it to the track and slaughter big boost big turbo EVO's all day.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
BlueStripe said:
true, although im not sure whether he really wanted to test this, or he just didn't know better.

CobraG

Established Member
quadcammer said:
true, although im not sure whether he really wanted to test this, or he just didn't know better.

He probably didn't know better, I'm going to say he was being ****y and get his ars handed to him :pepper:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Stock/lightly modded evo's aren't very strong from a roll. I've beat an evo and sti from a roll, but from a dig they'd slaughter me.

no sheet...have you all SEEN an EVO launch??
they pull like 1.7-1.8 60's STOCK on STOCK tires....

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
I got my ass kicked by a EVO a few days ago at least 2 car lengths everytime (10 roll, 20 roll, 50 roll) Then again im at 4800 ft so that turbo helps out a lot. Not to mention i think im running a little rich.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
A Robinson. said:
WOW, a mustang guy defending roll racing. I have heard and seen it all. As far as motors go, the stock unported cylinder head on an evo flows more than the heads on a unported 01 32v cobra. Hows that relevant you ask? its not, just another useless point in a thread full of useless points. However put good suspension juice and tires on the cobra take it to the track and slaughter big boost big turbo EVO's all day.

You are quite the accomplished bench racer.

Users who are viewing this thread