Gave up trying to find a SVTF.

2814v

Established Member
My search for a SVT Focus is over. All the ones I looked at had either high miles or were a little rough around the edges. The few really nice ones with low miles were just more then I was willing to pay for a used commuter.
I admit I am really picky and the fact that I was only intrested in red or black, did not make it any easer.
I bought a 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT, black Mica instead. I got a killer deal on it that was to good to pass up.
Still love the SVTF and will stop by often. :beer:

Last edited:

Sapperstang

Established Member
You made the right choice. I think you will be much happier with that over the SVTF. Probably just saved yourself a lot of headaches.

2814v

Established Member
Sorry never could post pic's here. I did add a pic of it to my sig. I got it for $600 under invoice.
I am still under the 600 mile brake in that mazda recommends, so have not opened her up all the way but this car has tons of TQ. If you are not carefull she will rip the steering wheel right out of your hand, Tq steer sucks. Commuted to work in her all this week and got 29.8 miles per gallon, granted that was keeping it for the most part under 80 on the highway and trying to shift at or before 3000 rpm most of the time. If you stay out of boost you can get good mileage out of them and thats what I bought it for. But when you want to have fun 263 hp and 280 ft lb tq are waiting for you. I think I found my perfect commuter.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Sorry never could post pic's here. I did add a pic of it to my sig. I got it for $600 under invoice.
I am still under the 600 mile brake in that mazda recommends, so have not opened her up all the way but this car has tons of TQ. If you are not carefull she will rip the steering wheel right out of your hand, Tq steer sucks. Commuted to work in her all this week and got 29.8 miles per gallon, granted that was keeping it for the most part under 80 on the highway and trying to shift at or before 3000 rpm most of the time. If you stay out of boost you can get good mileage out of them and thats what I bought it for. But when you want to have fun 263 hp and 280 ft lb tq are waiting for you. I think I found my perfect commuter.

I seriously considered getting one of them before I found the SVTF...amazing the power they get out of that turbo 4...me likey:thumbsup: Good luck with it.

CT SVT

Established Member
MS3 is a better choice. it already make 260 whp from factory. i have a friend just w/ a mazdaspeed cai made 274whp 268wtq. great number for a car that cost $22k

2814v

Established Member
But at the end of the day he is still driving an ugly neon. Back in 2003 and 2004 we had a choice buy the 235hp srt4 neon or the 170hp SVT focus, we took the SVT. Why, because it was much better looking, handled better, more options and did not look like a bag of rice.
Now if I choose to modify the MS3, I can not only rape the neon but look good doing it.

jasonpalamar

Established Member
the SRT inside is badly designed. Not very nice to drive. Plus they have no traction and touque steer issues. Like he said, its still a neon. You can get a used one for 3K and put a bad ass motor, trans, and turbo cheaper then the srt4 stock.

Users who are viewing this thread