Gauging interest on an original ’93 tranny

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
I’m thinking about upgrading to a T56 but I’d need to sell my tranny first. How much do you think I could get for an original ’93 tranny? Just under 100k and seemed to shift and drive nice before i parked the car.

Thanks guys,

buddha93

Established Member
Not much more then any other tranny. I've seen them range from $350 to $600 for rebuilt ones.

buddha93

Established Member
Well, on the low side of that number, I meant working trannys with miles on them. But the latter is for a z-spec T-5 rebuilt.

Ya, that t-56 isn't cheap.

BLK93GT

Established Member
I sold a T-5 from a 93 with 50k miles for around $350, used is used and it's hard to get much for one because so many are junk.

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
yeah, i was just hoping to get a little more out of it thats all. i've actually been sitting on a T56 that came out of my 2000 SS Camaro i might part with too. Parting out my SS has pretty much funded my whole cobra project...to bad i'm down to my last few buckets of parts.

WillyB93

Established Member
That's a great comment parting out a chevy to support ford!!!! I own both brands too!!!

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
Tell me your not going to jump on the LS1 motor in a foxbody bandwagon....:nonono:

Well honestly I’m a Chevy guy by heart, I’ve just always loved the ’93 Cobra’s. I actually didn’t know there was a bandwagon until after I thought of the idea myself….but after owning a couple LS1 cars it doesn’t surprise me to see you Ford guys swapping out, it makes sense :burn: (just having some fun with you).

Last edited:

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
So what would it take to drop the LS1 into a Fox?

Just your choice of LS base block, tranny/bell housing, and set of headers and k-member designed for the swap. AJE makes the k-member and Kooks and one other company (cant remember) makes the headers. Along with that you’d need a master cylinder for the hydraulic clutch if you’re planning on using a T56, which I already have. Theirs a few other miscellaneous parts that go along with that list too like wiring harness, brackets and CPU, ect….again all stuff I already own. From what I’ve read the swap if pretty simple too.

But I see no reason to waste the fresh motor I currently have in my Cobra so I don’t plan on doing the sway anytime soon. Besides after my current projects are completed my car could use a frest paint job before i even think about a new motor....I think this is the first time this car has ever seen a garage :(

Last edited:

marco93cobra

Established Member
So what would it take to drop the LS1 into a Fox?

$$$, time, a welder and grinder.

I have a friend here that was starting to install a 6.0 motor in a fox mustang. He got frustrated with the install and sold the project. It was alot of work, it was more than what he was looking for. I am unsure what he had invested in it and I dont know if the car was finished with the new owner.

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
$$$, time, a welder and grinder.

I have a friend here that was starting to install a 6.0 motor in a fox mustang. He got frustrated with the install and sold the project. It was alot of work, it was more than what he was looking for. I am unsure what he had invested in it and I dont know if the car was finished with the new owner.

There’s more then one way to skin a cat and I have no idea what type of combo’s your friend was trying to work with or his skill level but it can be done. He must have been pretty frustrated though to up and sell his whole project, that sux.

Here’s a nice read with some good pictures.

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1164954]How to put an LSx into a fox car. - Corral Forums[/ame]

Check out the video on the last page of this link:

LS1 Mustang Swap Article for Popular Hot Rodding Magazine - LS1TECH

Last edited:

marco93cobra

Established Member
There’s more then one way to skin a cat and I have no idea what type of combo’s your friend was trying to work with or his skill level but it can be done. He must have been pretty frustrated though to up and sell his whole project, that sux.

Here’s a nice read with some good pictures.

How to put an LSx into a fox car. - Corral Forums

Check out the video on the last page of this link:

LS1 Mustang Swap Article for Popular Hot Rodding Magazine - LS1TECH

I have heard of it being done. There is a guy in Tulsa that is doing one, he is taking his time though and I havent talked to him in maybe a year now.
As far as the 6.0, I am unsure of what he was looking for, I tryed to talk him our of it. He is pretty good as far as buing something, getting into it, and changing his mind and sellign everything only to get into something else that he isnt going to finish.

I bet a Fox would run real good with the LS. I mean, the Ls cars run really well stock. swap everything into a smaller and lighter car, you cant lose. Besides the "bowtie"

I am not bias, I own a GM and Ford, but that is as far as I will ever go. :rockon:

BLK93GT

Established Member
I won't dis the potential they have, just not into the cross-breeding crap. If I ever did a non windsor based swap it would be a Terminator swap or a turboed 5.4 maybe.

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
I won't dis the potential they have, just not into the cross-breeding crap. If I ever did a non windsor based swap it would be a Terminator swap or a turboed 5.4 maybe.

I guess I just have juggle fever then….:poke:

WillyB93

Established Member
Well I've seen a 90s coupe with a 350 chevy motor run like 9 seconds at my local drag strip. I have mostly owned chevys, but always loved the fox mustang also, starting with my ragged out 87 gt.

Users who are viewing this thread