Gauging Interest: Firearm Distributor as a vendor/contact on this site...

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Hey all,

My dad is in the process of opening a gun store here in OK, and I was just curious as to who would be interested in something similar to what Tousley does with our car parts, only with Firearms and accessories instead? Obviously the firearms would have to be shipped to a dealer near you to process, register, and do paperwork, but I know many of you on this site are gun fanatics, so this could benefit you, being that there wouldn't be sales tax, only shipping and that processing fee that you would have to pay the dealer. My dad is keeping his other job, and this is a family based operation that will only be open here one day a week or so, so we can afford to sell these guns closer to wholesale more so than others.

I would obviously have to talk to Sid about this also, as it is not really a car part or service vendor, but another interest instead.

Any thoughts/concerns are welcomed!

Regards,
Dakota

oldmodman

Established Member
I hope Sid will find a firearms dealer acceptable.

Do we get a huge discount or will there only be frequent GPs

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
I hope Sid will find a firearms dealer acceptable.

Do we get a huge discount or will there only be frequent GPs

Basically the price would be 5-10% over our cost of the item. Which would be huge discounts on alot of things when you look at the retail price.

GP's could be a possibility, but with everyone's individual taste in guns, may not be as viable.

Last edited:

jliddle

Established Member
It's a good idea, but competing with larger online stores like Brownells, bcmusa, gandr...... Would be difficult. They buy things in HUGE quantities giving them more room to play with the pricing.

As well as making sure you stock something the people demand. Anything to do with black rifles and tactical mall ninja garbage will sell.

Just my .02, good luck! I'd love to own a store myself

txyaloo

Established Member
What could I get a Gen3 G19 for?

$425 is GSSF price. You're not going to beat that at a dealer.

I can give ya'll what the dealer price is on many guns. The savings really isn't that much compared to retail once you add in shipping and transfer fees. Small shops don't get the volume discounts larger dealers have.

Also, Travis doesn't allow personal firearms sales on SVTP. I can't imagine him having an FFL as a supporting vendor.

Jroc

Established Member
$425 is GSSF price. You're not going to beat that at a dealer.

I really need to join the GSSF, but I keep goofing around and don't do it. I need to hit up Lawmens to see if they have any good prices on them. They sell a lot of sightly used police issue guns from time to time.

txyaloo

Established Member
I really need to join the GSSF, but I keep goofing around and don't do it. I need to hit up Lawmens to see if they have any good prices on them. They sell a lot of sightly used police issue guns from time to time.

I encourage most people looking to buy a Glock to join GSSF. It definitely saves you money, plus if you ever participate in any GSSF events, you have a good chance to win stuff.

MAP price on the G19 is $499. Dealers can't advertise a price lower than that. GSSF gets you 3 magazines versus the two that usually come with a Glock. Dealer cost on the basic G19 is about $450. If you know any LE, FF, EMT, MIL, etc, the blue box Glock 19 price is $430. That also comes with 3 mags. I wouldn't pay more than $499 for a G19 since that is the MAP price.

I agree that used is the way to go. CDNN usually has LE buy back Glocks in the $350 range. You might have to call them to find out exactly what they have in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread