Gauging Interest...02 True blue(built motor/kenne bell)

SwampMoose

Established Member
Thinking about selling the L...I'm in the military and as soon as I find out where I'm gonna be stationed next(i'll know in the next few weeks) I'd like to sell the truck and get into a 2011 GT. I've had the truck for almost 2 years. Got it from a guy on here(Larry/whaler) already built and runs just as good today as it did then. I've sold all my other cars and have been daily driving it for the past 8 months with no problem. The body has 98,xxx miles and the motor was built at around 82k miles. It has 4 brand new tires and plugs/oil was just changed. It does burn a little oil(it has since the day the motor was built, I can get anyone in touch with the original owner if you have any questions. These trucks, even with the oil seperators, still suck down some oil when in boost) and it could use a new soft tonneau cover(corners are frayed) Just trying to be honest. Other than that the truck is in excellent condition. I have dyno sheets and the build sheet for the motor.
ASKING 19,500obo

MODS:
Kenne Bell 2.3l w/ jlp sheetmetal intake
JLP ported heads(a lot of extra port work)
Comp Stage 2 cams
JLP Sheetmetal upper intake
JDM 108mm intake tube/MAF housing
Ported Lower intake(and just about anything else that can be ported)
SCT 2400 MAF
Accufab single blade throttle body
JLP EGR delete
Twin Walbro 255's
60lb injectors
SS braided lines from tank to rail
JDM electric fan with 170* t-stat
Navigator water pump
AVT twin oil separators
JDM heat exchanger
LFP intercooler reservior
Kooks long tube headers
JDM catless midpiple with veracious resonators
JDM silver bullet catback
Strange 10 way adjustable rear shocks(modded so both face rear)
QA1 10 way adjustable front shocks
JDM front drag sprigs
2" drop shackles
Calipers modded to fit 15" drag wheels
Driveshaft loop
JLP traction bars
PI 2400 stall
4X4 trans pan
JDM line mod valve

Pioneer AVIC D3 indash NAVI/DVD player, 1000w amp and 1 12" P3 sub

and a bunch of other custom stuff(custom ram air tubes/hood, intercooler and electric fan switches for track use, a-pillar with wideband a/f and boost gauge... blah blah blah)

Dyno #'s

593rwhp/613rwtq(street pump tune/only 14lbs)

649rwhp/701rwtq(race gas tune/18lbs)

I've only taken it to the track twice and that was on the 14lb pump gas tune and blad nitto's and in 80+degrees. Right off of the hyw with no cool down it ran 11.7's. With the new tires, some cool down and ice in the box it should easily run mid/lower 11's on just 14lbs. The original owner ran a 6.91@101 in the 1/8th on the race setup(which should be easily in the 10's in the 1/4) and it's been 7.3@95 on the street tune.

It'll come with a lot of extra parts(a hard tonneau cover, a set of 16" drag wheels with hoosier Q/T pros, a extra stock rim with a good nitto 555 on it, a chiller intercooler res, 2 extra pulleys(a 3" that makes 18lbs and a 2.8" that would make 20lbs)

[ame=http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p94/landdbrown/?action=view&current=newsongandrandompics107.flv]
th_newsongandrandompics107.jpg
[/ame]

lignt4.jpg

lightning2.jpg

MoreofLignting009.jpg

enginepic3.jpg

enginepic2.jpg

MoreofLignting018.jpg

lightning006-1.jpg

MoreofLignting013.jpg

012.jpg

008.jpg

003.jpg

010.jpg

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Were you on Big Bethel today around 1215P? If so, truck looked and sounded good. Made me come in this forum and see how much Lightnings were selling for now! haha Weird.

SwampMoose

Established Member
Yeah, I love the comfort of the truck. The only reason i'm thinking about selling it is because I messed up and drove a 2011 gt...

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I've tossed around the thought of selling my truck for one myself.

Maybe I won't test drive one afterall...haha..

Great lookin truck and goodluck with the sale.:beer:

TS6

Established Member
Any door dings or any major scratches? Interior clean (pics?)? Still have all the options, like A/C, etc?

If I were to buy could you help with delivery?

SwampMoose

Established Member
Any door dings or any major scratches? Interior clean (pics?)? Still have all the options, like A/C, etc?

If I were to buy could you help with delivery?

No door dings or dents anywhere. It does have a few scratches, but nothing major. The interior is clean, it has Wet Okole seat covers that are awesome. I've haven't had them off since i've had the truck. I'll post up some pics of the interior tomorrow. It still has all options, the a/c blows cold, the heat works great and the Pioneer AVIC D3 has touch screen NAVI, DVD and IPOD connection. I'm sure we can work something out with delivery, I have no problem helping.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
damn i miss my L soooooooooo much and this would match my GF's true blue GT SO WELL! If only i hadnt of bought a Tahoe couple months ago..could have kept my jeep and got this lol. GLWS

SwampMoose

Established Member
Also willing to take a partial trade and cash. Would need 11k cash. Really looking for a nice fox(perferably a notch) or a truck but throw any offers at me.

SwampMoose

Established Member
TTT... Got a few people interested, just no cash yet. I will deliver within reasonable distance if full asking price is given. Oh, and I'll be at Mustang Week all next week if it's not sold yet if anyone that's going or live down that way wanna look at it in person.

Last edited:

RedLiner

Established Member
Awesome truck!!! I remember going to look at it last year when you were thinking of selling, very nice Lightning and great price too. GLWS!

Users who are viewing this thread