Gauges

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
What type of gauges must I have when modifing our trucks. I know a boost gauge for sure. Maybe an A/F gauge. Anything other then that. Just need to know because I am fixing to order a pillar and I am deciding between the 1, 2, or 3. Oh yeah, all these 2 1/16?

Thanks,

Helix

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
They should all be the 2 1/16 size gauge, other than the 2 guages that you listed, I can't think of anything else you may want to keep an eye on, other than a fuel pressure guage, but that would be under hood, not in the passenger compartment.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You really only need a boost gauge. But I have a/f and was considering trans temp except you must drill holes in the trans housing :(

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Who can you get a 1 Pod Pillar mount from?

How do you do a Trans temp w/out drilling holes? Where does it read from?

How about the A/F... what is required to install an A/F Monitor?

I probably would just like a boost gauge, and a 1pod pillar mount.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I got a single gauge mount that goes right on the steering column from RPMOutlet

You run the sending unit of the temp gauge into the side of your tranny pan....I think, at least that's how we do it on our 4x4s

Goto South Florida Pulley Headquarters for the A/F pigtail. Simple plug and play.

For the boost gauge, I think you can just split under the dash and run to an aftermarket boost gauge.

Hope some of this helps you out!
--Rob

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The A/F I ran off a seperately installed 02 sensor to avoid any voltage drop/change on the 02 sensor the truck was using.

speeder

Established Member
To install the sending unit for the transmission, there is a plug on the driver side of the transmission, remove the plug and screw the sending unit in were the plug was, or you can use a temperature manifold that hooks into the transmission oil line.

Larry.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Id recommend a fuel pressure gauge over the A/F gauge. the A/F gauge is mostly a lightshow, and is distracting to watch now that im used to it.

since youve got an auto, id also recommend the trans temp gauge. if you dont want a million gauges cluttering up the cockpit, just get a boost gauge, and trans temp gauge. but if you want more, get the fuel pressure, and A/F ratio.

-Homer

Users who are viewing this thread