gauges

2fAZT4U

Established Member
I wont to get some gauges for my lightning but I was wondering what type to get electric or manual gauges. I won't to get a boost gauge,fuel pressure and nitrous gauge. I sure the only one that's going to be manual is the boost. And also what is a good brand and looks good inside the truck.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
most people buy the phantom gauges from autometer. if you paint the bulb blue inside the gauge, it will look almost exactly like the stock gauges. i personal like the luner series from autometer. their just a brighter darker green background. fuel gauges must be electrical. the other 2 can be manual.

SVT99RED

Established Member
the lite series comes with a green and red bulb cover and with the green one it matches the dash pretty well... and they are 1/2 the price of the lunar series

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
SVT99RED said:
the lite series comes with a green and red bulb cover and with the green one it matches the dash pretty well... and they are 1/2 the price of the lunar series

i have the ultra-lites (boost, a/f and d-pic) but i didnt put the green bulb condom on because it looks cheesy. they still look good but i wouldnt get the same combo of gauges again....its like a bright light show on my pillar.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
2fAZT4U said:
Who do you guy's recomend buying these gauges from?
ebay usually has good prices...just make sure you get the same size that will fit ur pod. rpmoutlet.com offers them all too. you can order them from any csk auto stores as well.

SVT99RED

Established Member
simshahh said:
i have the ultra-lites (boost, a/f and d-pic) but i didnt put the green bulb condom on because it looks cheesy. they still look good but i wouldnt get the same combo of gauges again....its like a bright light show on my pillar.

I think it looks good and have gotten lots of compliments on them... but you like what you like :shrug:

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
SVT99RED said:
I think it looks good and have gotten lots of compliments on them... but you like what you like :shrug:
no i like them! its fun to watch them go back and forth and whatnot but kinda gets old at night. girls like them tho. i dont know if its me, the truck, the gauges or all three. im going with the order that i put them in. ;-)

i just realized that you might be talking about the green condom covers. ur right about liking what you like. :D

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
you guys with the phantoms if you go to the store and buy the blue colored bulbs and put the green condom on them it is damn near a perfect match. better than the lunar's so i am told

Users who are viewing this thread