Gauges Sweep?

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Quick question since I'm deployed and dont have much time to surf the net to do some research. But when you guys start your terminators up, do the gauges do a full sweep then back to zero? Was talking to some guys out here that have terminators and their stock gauges do that and mine doesn't. Just wondering if you guys knew anything about this. Thanks again SVTP.

gatty1303

Established Member
mine doesnt do this...never has....just replaced alternator and battery during mustang week, and it still doesnt:shrug:

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Alternator has been rebuilt and the battery is new. The owner before me added a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge, dunno if that affected it when he wired it in. I never knew our cars did that until a few of the guys were talking about it on their terminators.

DE07GT

Established Member
Mine only does it after the battery has been disconnected, but that's the only time. I think my friend's 2000 GT used to do it though.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I have had my car do this. I reflashed the computer back to stock then re-loaded my tune and it went away. I had a corrupt file in the tune.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I agree with several of the above posts,
Mine only does it when I disconnect the battery, the first time I start it up...
Test the alternator/battery, good luck Dave

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
I emailed my roommate who is back in the states and he's watching my terminator for me. He said that his terminator does it everytime he turns the key to ACC. So I dunno because I had my alternator rebuilt when i got to Clovis and haven't had a problem with it since or any battery light. Once I had it rebuilt, I bought a new battery for the car as well. Just kinda of frusturating. Was hoping to find an answer or something.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Check the voltage on the battery. If you are reading anything less than ~12.4-12.5vdc the battery is dead. It may still start and be fine but the battery is on it's way out.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Quick question since I'm deployed and dont have much time to surf the net to do some research. But when you guys start your terminators up, do the gauges do a full sweep then back to zero? Was talking to some guys out here that have terminators and their stock gauges do that and mine doesn't..

Don't worry, those guys are the ones with electrical problems, not you! :beer:

It is NOT NORMAL for gauges to sweep

If they do sweep, it is an indication of low battery voltage or battery disconnect/reconnect

Last edited:

stangkid

Established Member
The only time my gauges do a full sweep then back to zero is the first time I start it after unhooking the battery.

gatty1303

Established Member
Don't worry, those guys are the ones with electrical problems, not you! :beer:

It is NOT NORMAL for gauges to sweep

If they do sweep, it is an indication of low battery voltage or battery disconnect/reconnect

thank you for the clarification :beer: i was going to get a little upset if the alt was going out again after driving the car a handful of times since it was fixed :fm::fm::fm::fm:

Users who are viewing this thread