Gauges not working please

MLS

Established Member
Gauges not working please help

So as the title states my gauges are not working and I am by no means an electrical engineer, any help would be much appreciated. So at first it was my coolant gauge so I changed the sender unit... No change, then I tried a spare gauge cluster I had laying around. No change Then I decided to do an electric test with my handy little walmart tool that has different colored lights in it to show which kind of current is flowing through the wire. All seemed fine, so I reassembled and tried the car again. This time none of my gauges worked:rolleyes:so I went back to my handy lil tester and checked a little closer. I then discovered that the brown and yellow wire that goes to the tachometer actually had a little bit of both currents going to it through the same wire meaning its shorting somewhere. YAY:nonono: The wire appears to be only shorting when key is turned to run positon and is ground when the car is off. Well im pretty much looking for any ideas at this point, maybe I fried a relay or something similar?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread