gauges installed! sort of

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
well, I went ahead and installed my fuel pressure gauge and oil pressure gauge this evening Install went pretty straight forward I did opt too cut the wires from the sending unit on the FPG it was the only way i could fish the wires through the firewall. the only real problem i had was that the Oil pressure gauge fits kinda loose in the pod so i'm going too have to put something around the gauge to get it too fit securely. All in all it took around 5hrs too complete just the fuel pressure and installing the gauges and hooking up power and what not. Now i know i'm going too get flamed for this but i didn't really have a choice but since i couldn't get under the car i wasn't able to hook the sending unit for the oil pressure so It doesn't read anything yet, but all wires are run so all i have too do is conect the sending unit and hook up the wire to it and it will be fine. i have pics but for some reason It won't let me resize them so ther way too big.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Glad the install went pretty smoothly for you. Let me try to help you out a little on the gauge fitment.

In the instructions there is a pic of a gauge with a small piece of velco (the loop or soft side) attached to the back of the gauge body. It should be about the size of half a postage stamp, a little strip. It's tough to see in the pic (white velcro on white gauge body) but it is placed right at the back of the gauge body. This will firm up the fit nicely. Don't use too big of a piece, or it will fit very TIGHT. That's all you'll need to do. There should have been some velcro in the box, but it's possible there wasn't. In a pinch, one loop of electrical tape at the back of the gauge should do it.

Also, we always cut the wires for fuel gauges and feed them through the gauge opening. I cut them about 2 feet from the connector, and reattach them under the dash or behind the cluster.

How's it look?

Alan :beer:

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
I remember seeing a thread that said too use velcro but i didn't feel like going out again but thanks for the how to I will do that tomorrow. It looks great all i want to do is stare at it. you have made a great product very well put together. now i want to watch the gauges and my boost gauge all while trying to watch the road. :beer: thanks for the help.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Anytime. Enjoy the new toys.

I might as well enjoy the happiness of others doing mods to their car, as I have been waiting on parts for so long it's not funny. I have a stack of parts in the shop, and need BBK to release their SSI intake for the 5.0 and I'm set. It's been delayed for at least 8 months.

For the velcro, your local Walgreens or equivalent will have just what you need (and 24 hours at that!).

Have a good weekend, and DON'T FORGET TO WATCH THE ROAD! ;-)

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
O.K I got the pics too work.
DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

CobraCleric

Youngblood
Established Member
hmmm the pods are pretty sweet. I have a triple a-pillar i haven't put on, might have to switch before i install! Of course then i'd have an extra gauge.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Looks great Chris, I really like the Speed of Sound gauge pod! Now get under there and hook up your oil pressure gauge slacker. :lol:

CobraCleric said:
hmmm the pods are pretty sweet. I have a triple a-pillar i haven't put on, might have to switch before i install! Of course then i'd have an extra gauge.

Jeff, I have the triple gauge a-pillar pod and wish I had gone with the Speed of Sound instead, which I will be doing this winter, along with the new Raptor Claw. If your undecided about the 3 gauge pod now, I wouldnt waste your time installing it. The fit and finish of the autometer 3 gauge pod sucks compared to the Speed of Sound pod, IMO. Also, I'll call you later about the springs. The track rental was a no go. Russ said to just give you his # so you guys can make arrangements.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah me too Dwight. I am going with the exact set up..I just need to wait and pay off the mods I have done before I start doing more...or do I?

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
They look awesome dude, Im regretting when I have to put mine in, I just bought a panel for the CD delete, just have to buy the gauges (no hurry) and eventually a full pillar as well (depending if I stick with my future plans)

Happy to hear the instillation wasnt so hard

Users who are viewing this thread