Gauges - Blue LED

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I'm working on a fix for that, I got different bulbs that should have a more even spread but I just haven't had a chance to put them in yet. In all fairness, the pictures make the hot spots look a lot worse than they really are for some reason.

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
finally installed the led's today and they look great. not as bright as the op pictures but still very nice.. what a cool mod..
I used the super bright led's.

Last edited:

Lance SVT

Established Member
Here is a blurry pic of mine. Dont make the mistake I did, and buy cheap ass ones off of ebay. I did, and they didn't light things up evenly. It was all blotchy looking. These are the ones from superbrightleds.com

028.jpg

Lance SVT

Established Member
Man, the "hot spots" in those photos are horrible. If it looks like that in real life, it would be embarrassing.

As crappy as my stockers are.....I have a real issue with those hot spots.
Has anyone found a remedy for them?

Those hot spots are caused from using the wrong leds. I did the same thing. You must use the wide angle leds. Problem solved. Check out the pic above.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Those hot spots are caused from using the wrong leds. I did the same thing. You must use the wide angle leds. Problem solved. Check out the pic above.

There are still slight hot spots from the super bright LED bulbs that everyone has been using, I got a few different types of bulbs from them that I've been meaning to swap in to see how they look but I just haven't gotten the chance yet. As soon as I do I'll post the results in here though :)

Lance SVT

Established Member
There are still slight hot spots from the super bright LED bulbs that everyone has been using, I got a few different types of bulbs from them that I've been meaning to swap in to see how they look but I just haven't gotten the chance yet. As soon as I do I'll post the results in here though :)

Sounds good man. Pictures don't do justice. Mine turned out pretty well i think. They look just like stock, but blue, and brighter.

makriluc

Established Member
I just did mine yesterday.
This is were I got them, they were shipped within a week and a half.

~10x 194 168 5LED WHITE Refractor Wedge Car Bulb Light : eBay Motors (item 180359851977 end time Feb-15-10 11:14:31 PST)

It took me 10 minutes to remove the cluster and exchange the bulbs. I had to wiggle them a bit to fit as the corners of the new bulbs are a little larger than the cluster holes.
But it took me an hour and a half to figure out how come the lights were not evenly spread. I had dark spot. Those suckers have a positive and negative side. So if they are inserted backward they don't light. Once everything was fixed, I am a happy camper.
And they dim perfectly. Here are pics (sorry for the blurring but you get the idea)
Before
Lumire2.jpg

After
Lumire3.jpg

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
I just did mine yesterday.
This is were I got them, they were shipped within a week and a half.

~10x 194 168 5LED WHITE Refractor Wedge Car Bulb Light : eBay Motors (item 180359851977 end time Feb-15-10 11:14:31 PST)

It took me 10 minutes to remove the cluster and exchange the bulbs. I had to wiggle them a bit to fit as the corners of the new bulbs are a little larger than the cluster holes.
But it took me an hour and a half to figure out how come the lights were not evenly spread. I had dark spot. Those suckers have a positive and negative side. So if they are inserted backward they don't light. Once everything was fixed, I am a happy camper.
And they dim perfectly. Here are pics (sorry for the blurring but you get the idea)
Before
Lumire2.jpg

After
Lumire3.jpg

bought the same lights and did mine a few weeks ago. not as bright as yours though. i got all the bulbs in and the cluster didnt light because i didnt know i had them in backwards :shrug: i love the new look though.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
i have three sets of seven bulbs that i am selling. 20 bucks shipped if youre interested.

are they the ones from the website, those seem to be the only ones that dont burn out...the auto store ones dont last more than 3 months or so....

if they are the right color and the ones from the website Ill take em

Last edited:

harvboi05

Established Member
yup. theyre all from superbrightleds.com. i bought the 3 variations of white, cool, warm and natural, hoping they would have a green tint to em, but they were all bright blue. each set has less than 5min of use on em. shoot me a pm and we will do it up.

Users who are viewing this thread