gauge pod paint

punisher

Established Member
what type of paint/brand are you guys using on the aftermarket gauge pods?

the pod is for a cobra. (04' with charcoal interior)

thanks

Last edited:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
My gauge pods ship in the correct color, so our customer doesn't have to dye them.

We use a custom-mixed SEM dye for the job. This gets the best results. Take your stock pillar to an auto body/paint shop and have them match it up. You'll have to buy a pint or so, but the cost shouldn't be too bad.

You can also show the shop your interior trim code, which is found on the vehicle ID sticker (perhaps inside your drivers door? it is on the mustangs).

Hope this helps,

Alan

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
No, no pod for the center of the dash. Steve Saleen holds a patent on that part, and some other companies have produced copies of it anyway.

Doesn't mean we won't come up with something one day, but not many people are willing to cut/drill the dash for gauges.

Wish I could be of more help.

alan

Mongoose 03

The Godfather
Established Member
punisher said:

thanks

Midnight Black Part #M4JZ-19M547-1074H

Satin03

Established Member
punisher said:

thanks

The actual Ford part number for the Dark Charcoal Interior Paint is:

M4JZ-19M547-4149-H

I used it for my steering column pod and it looks factory. I purchased my paint from http://www.50resto.com

Hope this helps.

ALA G8R

Banned
For the instrument cluster bezel, would you use the lacquer or vinyl paint. Also, do you recommend using a primer first?

I've got an Autometer 10005 gauge bezel that came in black. I need to make it charcoal.

Thanks in advance.

Satin03

Established Member
ALA G8R said:
For the instrument cluster bezel, would you use the lacquer or vinyl paint. Also, do you recommend using a primer first?

I've got an Autometer 10005 gauge bezel that came in black. I need to make it charcoal.

Thanks in advance.

I would actually use the same paint. That stuff worked quite well for me. I don't even think I scuffed the ABS plastic...I just painted it w/o primer. No problems to date. In fact, it looks just like the factory column. I assume the same would hold true for the cluster bezel. Good luck.

Oh Three Cobra,

Not difficult at all.

Users who are viewing this thread