Gauge pod help please

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Well, I've tried searching, but haven't really found the exact answer I need. I'm wanting to purchase a 3 pod pillar, and need to know which ones actually replace the stock pillar instead of going over it. I like the Lotek brand on http://www.gaugepods.com/ford_t.html because you can get them painted to match our interior....BUT, their 3 pod version only goes up to 2002 model year. I will consider other brands also, so ANY pics welcome please. Thanks alot guys!! :beer:

Last edited:

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Take this one of gauge pods.

It´s really easy to make it fit our 03/04 Lightnings.
You just have to place it inside without mounting and paint a line.
On the line you have to do a small cut off. Works very well with a small iron-saw. (just on the upside)
I´ve done this myself and it looks like stock.

Get it.

André

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Looks good Andre!! You ordered it with the option of already being painted gray, right? Anybody else wanna speak up with thier brand of pods too?? Thanks

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member

I just heated up the top of the pod, carefully, with a heat gun and molded it to the headliner. It does look different from the other side; however, I did not want to get involved with cutting, sanding, and possibly re-painting a finished product. My pod is from Lo-Tek.

Last edited:

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Five4Rider said:
Looks good Andre!! You ordered it with the option of already being painted gray, right? Anybody else wanna speak up with thier brand of pods too?? Thanks

yes, was the painted one.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Here's mine;

Gauge2.gif

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
I dont have a pic but ill tell u it almost fits better then factory, everyone that has seen is asks if the gauges and pillar come with the truck.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
ChuteboxeL03 said:
I dont have a pic but ill tell u it almost fits better then factory, everyone that has seen is asks if the gauges and pillar come with the truck.

I've had people ask me that too.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Sweet!! I was kinda leaning towards Autometer for the pod anyhow. AND you can get the autometer color matched?!?! I've seen them on summit, please tell me where you guys got yours.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
i got mine through lordco here in Canada, they come in black, but if you give a paint shop your VIN number they should be able to match the interior color, i left mine black looks better IMO, iam thinking of painting the other one black to match it.

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Autometer here, fits like a glove, painted both black, everyone, including most L owners think the pillars came black stock. It also takes away the glare of the light gay, er I mean gray.......

But that is the beauty of ownership..... do it your way and be happy, follow all the others is just bending to peer pressure.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
FireGuy said:
follow all the others is just bending to peer pressure.
Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but just so you know, I'm not wanting gray because "everybody" has it. I just prefer for my interior to match. Kinda like why you painted your stock passenger pillar black.....to match the black aftermarket one. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread