Gauge monitoring on a double din?

badblacklx

Established Member
I realize this sounds "ricerish" I'm just curious if anyone has looked into this? Would be cool if it could be accomplished in a clean manner I think.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I had set this up last August. The Cobra had to get the engine re-rebuilt so once I get it back in about 2 weeks I'll finish this off.

You mean putting gauges in teh double din opening?
attachment.php

Last edited:

badblacklx

Established Member
I had set this up last August. The Cobra had to get the engine re-rebuilt so once I get it back in about 2 weeks I'll finish this off.

You mean putting gauges in teh double din opening?
attachment.php

Well I mean the monitoring actually happen on the screen of the double din head unit.

SVTDice

Established Member
The only way I can think of this working is if the Double Dinn is able to run android applications per say. Like Torque via bluetooth. I'm not sure if there is many units that support those options however. Hope this helps!

Tractionless1

Established Member
^^^^ Sick!

Are you personally using one, not much info. on their site and only Ford product I'm seeing is '11 Focus.

I'd need it to read out Innovate LC1, boost, and all Aeroforce functions.

Bigggy

Established Member
Pioneer Appradio and Can to BT adapter and you're done. Ca-Fi interface is probably pricy, you can get these interface for 10$ on ebay. I personnaly had a carputer, basiccaly the same thing but way more complicated. Torque and Dashcommand are two APP that do that. But, yes this a "software" gauge option.

Jefe

Established Member
^^^^ Sick!

Are you personally using one, not much info. on their site and only Ford product I'm seeing is '11 Focus.

I'd need it to read out Innovate LC1, boost, and all Aeroforce functions.
No I saw it on another site. Ya saw that on the Focus, im sure someone could get it to work though.

Innovate or Aeroforce should team up with a big name brand and get something like this on the market.

Jefe

Established Member
[youtube_browser]dXOCOR7M7Pk[/youtube_browser]

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I have a nice touch screen Kenwood with Pandora, Bluetooth ect that I don't want to get rid of, so the thought I have had was to add a 7" Android tablet to run GPS and Torque. You can get a decent tablet and bt adapter for less than $200 these days, but the problem is mounting it in a way that would look decent. So far I haven't been able to think of a way to make that happen.

Users who are viewing this thread