Gauge cluster swap

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Hopefully you all can help me out, I know its not an SVT but if anyone knows I figured one of you must.

My 05 focus doesnt have a tach and since things are different on the 05s the only want to swap the cluster is for another 05 gauge cluster with similar mileage.

I just found this on e-bay item #8036589304 would be perfect for me and I am just coming up on 9,000 miles and since the miles are kept in the cluster I wouldnt have to worry about a large mileage difference...

Only thing it is coming off of an automatic and would be going onto my 5-speed. Does anyone see any reason why this wouldnt work?? I am thinking as long as I get the tach driver from ford I can hook it right up.

Please any input would be great I only have 4 days!

Eric

Daeron

Established Member
You may not even need a tach driver. In typical fashion, the connections are probably already there, just not hooked up because you don't have the tach option.

As for the mileage, you can actually go pay like 50 bucks and have a tach's mileage changed by an authorized shop (they have to do a bunch of paperwork and stuff in order to do it).

My thoughts are that you should be able to just swap them out without a problem. Best people to ask are the folks at the dealership though (they may know something technical on the back side that won't match between the 2 clusters).

FranticFocus05

Established Member
OK thanks, I never knew you could have the milage changed thats good to know. I will try to give my friend at ford a call today and see if she can find out for me.

Users who are viewing this thread