Gauge Cluster Removal

ItalianSVT

Established Member
I am in the middle of pulling the Guage cluster out of the car I have it all disconnected except for the Boost Guage DO I just pull on the Rubber hose that goes into the back it?? I do not want to pull to hard on it and mess it up so if someone could help me out that would be great.
THANKS
Derek

- Aj -

Established Member
Yes you can disconnect the hose...I'm pretty sure. Just make sure you don't see any clamps or the sort holding it on first. The hose will probably be a slightly tight fit.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
just take your time and sneak a hand back in behind and pull the rubber boot off the fitting.

Just to save you some troubles there are several clamps in areas that hold the boost line. Look up behind the radio and behind the glove box. Unhook them so you can have a little more slack in the boost line that way you can hook the line up much easier.

It is almost impossible to do it with the room you have behind the cluster without doing this. IMO!

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
You just have to pull it off the nipple on the back of the cluster. It take a bit of effort to get it off.

Last edited:

xneric

RickyRacer
Established Member
If you check under the dash to the left of the radio, I believe the boost line is taped up there. You can get a couple more inches of slack by undoing it. I think you'll find that to be a lot of help when you try to get the line back on the cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread