Gates RPM belt contact

96dreamer

Established Member
Does anyone know who/if there is still a contact at Gates for RPM belt length requests. My 114.5 I had them add to their list years ago is to short for my new setup. The last time I tried emailing Chad at [email protected] it bounced back as undeliverable so I assumed he was no longer there.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a guy I deal with who could help you out. What exactly do you want me to ask him?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i wish i could remember where I read it on a forum or FB the other day that claimed Gates was discontinuing a bunch of the current RPM sizes as is. Kind of disappointing

96dreamer

Established Member
I have a guy I deal with who could help you out. What exactly do you want me to ask him?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Previously I had asked them to develope a 114.5 length belt which they released not long after I asked. Whether I was a driving factor in that I do not know. That belt is too short with my current setup so I'm looking for a longer one. I'll have the specific length in the morning.
i wish i could remember where I read it on a forum or FB the other day that claimed Gates was discontinuing a bunch of the current RPM sizes as is. Kind of disappointing
I actually read the same thing this afternoon looking at different belt offerings. Definitely a bummer. Since I got my pulley alignment figured out my rpm belt has had zero issues

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Previously I had asked them to develope a 114.5 length belt which they released not long after I asked. Whether I was a driving factor in that I do not know. That belt is too short with my current setup so I'm looking for a longer one. I'll have the specific length in the morning.

I actually read the same thing this afternoon looking at different belt offerings. Definitely a bummer. Since I got my pulley alignment figured out my rpm belt has had zero issues
Out of curiosity what was the alignment issue and solution to find it. I was chasing one before she went on the back burner but now about to start digging back in.

96dreamer

Established Member
Out of curiosity what was the alignment issue and solution to find it. I was chasing one before she went on the back burner but now about to start digging back in.

I go over it in pretty good detail here, Post in thread '96dreamer's Never Ending Build Thread' 96dreamer's Never Ending Build Thread

I found that the laser alignment tool wasn't fine enough and with the aluminum 10%over crank pulley it made it a pita to use.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yes, laser tool kind of sucks when nothing is ferrous and the id doesn't fit the crank. Short sighted purchase on my part. You got my gears turning though on how to use that method within my constraints. Thank you, had not seen that post before.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Just gotta get super creative with laser tools to get it to work. I used a laser leveling took to help align my custom 10rib setup.

Also with the RPM belt, it's not really needed while it's nice you can easily make do with a standard black or a green belt :)

Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
Just gotta get super creative with laser tools to get it to work. I used a laser leveling took to help align my custom 10rib setup.

Also with the RPM belt, it's not really needed while it's nice you can easily make do with a standard black or a green belt :)
The issue I had with the laser was the beam was ~1/8 inch wide when projecting to the further pullies and the beam was not very crisp. So on an a ribbed pulley it was hard to discern where it started and stopped. I found the way I did it with a plumb bob much more accurate.

I ended up ordering a 115.3" Gates HD as well as a 115.5 Dayco poly rib aramid belt. The Gates HD belt is well known and vetted, the Dayco not so much. The aramid core in the Dayco is supposed to be stiffer than the polyester core in most belts. The Gates came in first and fits so it will stay unless there is issues and the Dayco will be a backup.
20230604_205627.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread