Gates green belt VS whipple black belt

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I have a gates belt because that’s what LMR sells. They have been great for both the Eaton and Kenne bell. I’ll keep using them. I should order a new one for this year, actually.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The green belt became popular with the people that like to run the belts really tight. The basic belts could stretch and/or break. I ran one on my 01 with a Procharger.

The green belts are made to be used in fleet trucks and last 100k miles. Because of that they're stiff and don't grip well. IMO, as long as you have proper tension and your pullies are aligned you should be fine. I've been running the normal Gates on my set up with no issues for a few thousand miles.

gotjack

Established Member
I had a gates belt on the Eaton with smaller pulley. Once I got the whipple installed mechanic used the one that whipple sent. Debating on putting a gates belt or not

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
FWIW, I don't completely hate the green belt. I have one on my truck as that's what it's made for. I just think the basic belt or even the RPM belt are better choices.

cj428mach

Established Member
I like gatorback because they don't make noise. The best place to buy belts is rock auto. I've gotten them for as little as $3

Users who are viewing this thread