Gates belt

P_RsSVT

Established Member
Gates belt and pulley snout question

Well, I couldn,t wait till the weekend. after not having my car for over 2 weeks, I went ahead and installed my 2.76 b/f pulley and idler, tr6 plugs(gapped @.36) and predator custom tuned by coastal. The hardest part was installing the new belt. How hard was it for you guys to install the new belt after pulley swap. By the way I have the gates 74.5... Thanks.. Ohh and it freaking screams now :beer:

Also, I have the older cobra that brought a plug in the middle of the s/c pulley. I would like to cover it up with maybe a bolt. anybody know the size.. thanks..

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Took me about 20 seconds to install a belt. Did you try to install it with the upper idler in place? If so, that was your problem. You need to install the best, take all of the tension off of it by using a 1/2 inch wrench on the tensioner with your left hand, and with your right hand, then install the snub idler pulley onto the bracket. Install the pulley bolt, and walk away.

-Jeff

P_RsSVT

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Took me about 20 seconds to install a belt. Did you try to install it with the upper idler in place? If so, that was your problem. You need to install the best, take all of the tension off of it by using a 1/2 inch wrench on the tensioner with your left hand, and with your right hand, then install the snub idler pulley onto the bracket. Install the pulley bolt, and walk away.

-Jeff
Ok that was my problem. Now I know for next time. Thanks....

Users who are viewing this thread