Gasoline... leaking to the muffler?

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
Anyone ever heard of such a thing?? I have a friends (female) with a Cavalier (LOL)... Anyway, she swears that her car is leaking gas into her muffler... Only thing I could think of is her spark plug is ****ed/not firing at all and is causing the gas to leak out of the exhaust port, down the exhaust manifold and into the muffler... while the car is still cool.

Anyone else agree with my theory?

She's not driving it... by the way.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I don't see how it could make it past the cat. converter myself. Probably condensation and she smells it and it is close to gas smellling.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
Yea... I'm not sure... I'll be at her place in the morning to check it out... Just looking for some advice before I break out the wrenches...

OhIIICobra

Established Member
MustangMike said:
Anyone ever heard of such a thing?? I have a friends (female) with a Cavalier (LOL)... Anyway, she swears that her car is leaking gas into her muffler... Only thing I could think of is her spark plug is ****ed/not firing at all and is causing the gas to leak out of the exhaust port, down the exhaust manifold and into the muffler... while the car is still cool.

Anyone else agree with my theory?

She's not driving it... by the way.

How does she know it's gas? Could be condensation she thinks is gas? She is a girl after all. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread