Gas up to $96 dollars will it stop

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
I just saw on gaspricewatch.com, that oil has climbed up over $96 a barrel I guess it won't take until Christmas to break the legendary $100 a barrel. Will the government ever do anything about:shrug: this. Everything goes up with the price of gas. What can be done about this?? What do you think???:cuss:

Last edited:

Rochard

Established Member
Gas isn't $96 a barrel - oil is. Big difference.

Good, I hope it doubles in the next year. The more expensive gas is the less the idiots can afford to drive already.

Wait until we hit Iran.....

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
No matter how expensive it is here, we've got it better than a lot of the other countries. The only places that have it better than us are the ones who produce it.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
If gas was 96 dollars a barrel (assuming it's a 55 gallon one) it'd be 1.75, which I would be all for.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
but heres the thing:

1) we could build more rigs off the US Gulf Coast and more refineries, however the hippies and yuppies wont allow it. that would drastically reduce our dependancy on foreign oil and lower our prices.

2) we could take over countries that produce oil, but we all know that would be political suicide.

3) Drill in Alaska. however like above, ****ing treehuggers.

4) as the price per barrel rises, just inflate everything else to compensate, cost of living, peoples pay scales, etc. so when the price per barrel raises 2%, you just pay everyone 2% more and increase the cost of everything by 2%, so in essence when the price per barrel changes everything stays the same. Sure durka durka in sand-ville will make millions (if anybody wonders why the UAE used to be a barren wasteland 10 years ago and now makes Vegas look like a rest-stop, thats why), but until we get the balls to kick their asses, not much we can do but compensate.

everyone needs to just realize our generation will never see under 2$ a gallon, if anything well be lucky to be under 3$ a gallon for much longer, its just a fact of life. Until America gets the balls to stand up for ourselves were pretty much just going to have to pay to play or walk our asses to the bus stop.

Last edited:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
^^^i'm failing to see your point, they have the oil, we do not. (aside from the reported 100 year supply in alaska, that is) therefore, we need to switch to different types of fuel and get off the stuff, IMO. i see no reason to invade a country when we could simply switch to hydrogen, algae, hell i heard they can make engines that run off of salt water, so there should be no reason to be dependent upon nations rich in oil anymore.

Last edited:

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
but heres the thing:

1) we could build more rigs off the US Gulf Coast and more refineries, however the hippies and yuppies wont allow it. that would drastically reduce our dependancy on foreign oil and lower our prices.

2) we could take over countries that produce oil, but we all know that would be political suicide.

3) Drill in Alaska. however like above, ****ing treehuggers.

4) as the price per barrel rises, just inflate everything else to compensate, cost of living, peoples pay scales, etc. so when the price per barrel raises 2%, you just pay everyone 2% more and increase the cost of everything by 2%, so in essence when the price per barrel changes everything stays the same. Sure durka durka in sand-ville will make millions (if anybody wonders why the UAE used to be a barren wasteland 10 years ago and now makes Vegas look like a rest-stop, thats why), but until we get the balls to kick their asses, not much we can do but compensate.

everyone needs to just realize our generation will never see under 2$ a gallon, if anything well be lucky to be under 3$ a gallon for much longer, its just a fact of life. Until America gets the balls to stand up for ourselves were pretty much just going to have to pay to play or walk our asses to the bus stop.

yea, this post seems to lack healthy intellect.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
^^^i'm failing to see your point, they have the oil, we do not. (aside from the reported 100 year supply in alaska, that is) therefore, we need to switch to different types of fuel and get off the stuff, IMO. i see no reason to invade a country when we could simply switch to hydrogen, algae, hell i heard they can make engines that run off of salt water, so there should be no reason to be dependent upon nations rich in oil anymore.

nothing has close to the power per unit ratio of internal combustion.

Anything you listed will be just as expensive once it becomes popular, and the resources to create most of said types of fueling are alot harder to come by than refining oil.

yea, this post seems to lack healthy intellect.

or its halloween and im drunk. :beer:

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
im guessing no. the government's busy grabbin it's own ankles about dozens of other issues. I don't think it's much of their concern that we are paying more then we'd like for gas :shrug:

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Trivia: Although oil is sometimes shipped in 55 gallon drums, the measurement of oil in barrels is based on 42 (US) gallon wooden barrels of the 1870s.

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
nothing has close to the power per unit ratio of internal combustion.

Anything you listed will be just as expensive once it becomes popular, and the resources to create most of said types of fueling are alot harder to come by than refining oil.

or its halloween and im drunk. :beer:

... me too?:shrug:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Yup it is, not sure on the size of the barrel.

I know for a fact, a barrel isn't 55 gallons. I think it's 47 U.S. gallons, but I'm not sure. I'm just sure it isn't 55.

EDIT: shit, it's 42. Thanks BLK03SVT10TH.

i think they pay around 60 cents a gallon in dubai. ****ers.

No they don't. They're paying about 6.25 dirham/Imperial gallon. That's roughly $1.65/U.S. gallon. Remember, the cost of refining the oil is what typically dictates the cost of gasoline.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
When will people realize cause I'm getting tired of saying it,

$96 a barrel for "LIGHT SWEET CRUDE"
Most (Damm near all down here) of the refineries retooled years ago, they refine sour crude not light sweet.

They pay ~$30 a friggin barrel. Not sure on the price now but it is a hell of a lot less than Sweet.

Last edited:

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
The idea to jack everything up in price in relation to the gas and oil prices rising is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Have you ever heard of exchange rates? If we pay everyone more, there is more inflation, and the exchange rate of our dollar decreases. If the dollar's value over seas decreases, gas and oil prices will once again increase.

Users who are viewing this thread