Gas smell with ac on.

andrewrj

Established Member
Well, it seems that when its around 110 degrees out, the ac is on full blast, and you are in stop and go traffic the car starts smelling like raw fuel. Some times really bad. This only seems to happen on hot days and when you are sitting a lot. I only have 2600 miles and am mostly stock. Was going to take it in for warranty but my friends gt500 has the same exact problem. Anyone knows what causes this on these cars? Cant find anyone else on the internet who has ever had this problem.

Blaine

Established Member
Let your car idle awhile.... light a match... follow the flame trail. Source Found.:poke:

J/K. The stock GT500 likes to dump alot of fuel when the engine Temps go up to cool the CATS. I'm guessing thats what your smelling from your exhaust.

jcthorne

Established Member
Mine does it too but I thought it was due to the EVO fuel rails/hose or the lack of a seal at the rear of my KR style hood. Perhaps not.

mullens

Established Member
Mine does the exact same thing. My service guy says it's the fuel tank venting. I think it's true, because I opened the hood and it's definitely not coming from the engine bay. It eminates more from the area of the tank. This isn't a Pinto so I wouldn't worry about it.

Must be a Las Vegas thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread