Gas question

bmyles

Established Member
Hey guys I am currently tuned for 91 octane ethonal free gas but seen a 94 octane e15 gas here and was wondering if I can run it without a tune reversion ? Or would there be any benefit to running it? I was just thinking it would add to the safety net a little. The car has a vmp Tvs @8 psi and cat deletes for performance mods. Thanks

Angry50

Established Member
normally you can run higher octane with out issue. I have known people to be tuned on 91 and run 93 np. I would think 94 would be fine. the issue is usually being tuned for higher and trying to go lower. then you need a revision. but you can never go wrong asking your tuner

cb900f

Established Member
Hey guys I am currently tuned for 91 octane ethonal free gas but seen a 94 octane e15 gas here and was wondering if I can run it without a tune reversion ? Or would there be any benefit to running it? I was just thinking it would add to the safety net a little. The car has a vmp Tvs @8 psi and cat deletes for performance mods. Thanks
The afr on e15 and 100% gas is different. Definitely contact your tuner.

mhyjek

Established Member
Yes to get the most out of it you will need to adjust fuel trims but if you use it without a tune you will be fine the car will run richer so no harm running it. Here is a simple calculation right now your car is running 100% gasoline so your fuel sto is 14.7 and 91 octane new fuel is (14.7*.85)+(9*.15)=13.845 sto. The car should be tuned in lambda so eventually the fuel trims should correct but it depends how he tuned it. It is always better off to talk to your tuner better safe than sorry....

Users who are viewing this thread