Gas Prices on the rise again

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
A lot of good energy independence is doing for us.
It only does you good if you bought a fuel efficient car.

I filled up yesterday, $4.07/gallon and said **** this after putting in 1.5 gallons, went to a station i normally go to, $3.99/gallon. it was to fill up my bike. Bay area prices are always insane. I bet some places in the bay are already at $5.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Makes e85 more enticing for people that have to run premium fuel.

How so? Legitimate question too. E gets terrible gas mileage, literally half. Therefore wouldn't the cost offset the gain, performance aside?

Famine

Established Member
How so? Legitimate question too. E gets terrible gas mileage, literally half. Therefore wouldn't the cost offset the gain, performance aside?
Try again. Literally not half. I run it in my f150 and my supercharged coyote and its around 1/3 loss in mileage. Who cares anyhow, it's a renewable resource that everyone should get on board with even over electrical imo.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2000GTSTANG

Established Member

Well Im not entirely sure running E85 will offset the price of premium fuels at their current price, but if the price continues to rise, then it may be better to run it. E85 is $1.40 cheaper, per gallon, than 93 at a station near me. I probably break even at this point but ive never tried to calculate it all out.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
This is exciting. It's about 2.60 here now for 87. Unless it sky rocketed again over night.

My taco does alright at 18-20 mpg. But I drive 25 miles a day for work. The lady has her Hyundai roller skate that does 9 billion mpg because it's practically a generator. I think i'm going to rob her of it eventually and let her drive my truck. I do 12-14 miles one way everyday. She does 3 miles lol.

Typical Summer prices will cause it to bump up, I just hope it doesn't continue to inflate.
I drive 63 miles each way to work. g35x gets 22-23mpg.

93 octane is currently 3.30

My94GT

Established Member
Not sure what I’m paying but with a 48mile commute the fusion does pretty well at about 26mpg in mixed traffic.

The wife’s XC90 isn’t the worst but thankfully she only drives a 7 mile commute a couple days a week.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Try again. Literally not half. I run it in my f150 and my supercharged coyote and its around 1/3 loss in mileage. Who cares anyhow, it's a renewable resource that everyone should get on board with even over electrical imo.

I see E85 Coyotes getting 14-16MPG highway, whereas without it is 26. Maybe not exactly half, but close enough to argue why switch when you're spending less money but more often, and especially relevant when your daily commute is 100+ miles.

Famine

Established Member
I see E85 Coyotes getting 14-16MPG highway, whereas without it is 26. Maybe not exactly half, but close enough to argue why switch when you're spending less money but more often, and especially relevant when your daily commute is 100+ miles.
I'm making 700whp with my e85 5.0 at 12.7 ave mpg (mostly stop and go on my commute), and at 625ish whp on 93, get 16.2 mpg ave.
My stock f150 gets 16.2 mpg on 93 and 13.7 mpg on e85.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm making 700whp with my e85 5.0 at 12.7 ave mpg (mostly stop and go on my commute), and at 625ish whp on 93, get 16.2 mpg ave.
My stock f150 gets 16.2 mpg on 93 and 13.7 mpg on e85.

Your drops don't seem to be as harsh for whatever reason, but everyone complains of going from 25-27 to 15-18 give or take. Not to mention for some guys, swapping to E means injectors and a tune. Not really worth it for NA guys unless they're looking to set records or just squeeze out that extra power.

Due to my commute, requirements to switch to E and overall availability, I'll stick with 93 from Shell. Lol

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Have you noticed gas goes up at the first of the month when people get money?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It would do wonders if people could actually live reasonably close to their jobs (if they dont travel for work). It's crazy to think how much people have to drive just to get to work to pay for the gas they use to get there.

Put me in a 5 mile radius of the office and I'd save a significant amount of time and money. It's frustrating.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It would do wonders if people could actually live reasonably close to their jobs (if they dont travel for work). It's crazy to think how much people have to drive just to get to work to pay for the gas they use to get there.

Put me in a 5 mile radius of the office and I'd save a significant amount of time and money. It's frustrating.

Construction on my house will start in about 3-5 months and that'll cut my commute in half. It'll double my wife's though lol.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

I care because it is a waste of good corn whiskey

Never_Enough

Established Member

Ain't that the truth. I've done commutes of over an hour each way. Never again. When I worked in the Navy Yard, it would take me 2 HOURS to get home sometimes. **** you 76! I will not do that kind of commute ever again unless I am getting paid a huge amount. I'm house shopping & could buy really nice stuff fairly cheap vs the current market farther west in my county, but no way b/c it'd make my commute hell again.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks like most of you have pretty good gas prices compared to use in ca im paying $3.99 a gallon.

sleek98

Established Member

I run E85 now. I got 13-14 on 93 and now I get 10-10.5 on E85.

To drive 100 miles it cost me $21.85 on 93 or $19.41 on E85. So the cost is pretty close since 93 is around 2.99 a gallon and 1.99 for E85.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I run E85 now. I got 13-14 on 93 and now I get 10-10.5 on E85.

To drive 100 miles it cost me $21.85 on 93 or $19.41 on E85. So the cost is pretty close since 93 is around 2.99 a gallon and 1.99 for E85.

Interesting. This isn't what I'm seeing/hearing from NA Coyote guys though, which is why I haven't jumped ship yet.

sleek98

Established Member
Interesting. This isn't what I'm seeing/hearing from NA Coyote guys though, which is why I haven't jumped ship yet.

I am not an NA 5.0, but a stalled gt500, so I get shitty mileage no matter what. Its not a daily so if I am driving it then I am likely screwing around.

Users who are viewing this thread