Gas Pedal

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
how high is ur gas pedal? is it the same level as the brake pedal??? my gas pedal was replaced on friday because the original broke.... i dont remember if the gas pedal was a little lower then the brake or if it is the same height.

i also have 1 more question.... is the throttle cable suppose to have any slack to it? or is it suppose to be tight? thanks everyone :)

x14

Established Member
The gas pedal is lower than the brake pedal. My clutch has a tiny slack.

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
does ur throttle cable have any slack? if i pull on it by the throttlw body, it does my my gas pedal up in height a little bit. when the pedal is pressed down all the way to the floor, it does open the throttle body all the way, just not sure if that slack is normal :shrug:

TnPaulMan

Banned
I am wondering the same thing, but I have a 99 Cobra. There is a lot of slack in mine and I don't like it. I am going to try to adjust it tomorrow so that I can get some better throttle control out of it. It is a pain in the ass to drive sometimes. It seems that it requires more pedal effort to get the engine to rev for backing out of a parking space or doing a smooth take off. Annoying.

Paul

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have slack in my throttle cable and my pedal is several inches lower than my brake.

Users who are viewing this thread