Gas/Oil Question

brian3724

Established Member
I just spoke to the dealer that is shipping my 93 Cobra, and he told me that I should use the highest possible octane fuel that the pumps offer, and he recommended that I run synthetic oil. I was just curious if you guys recommend a certain octane of fuel, and what type of oil is best to use for this vehicle. I'm not too sure what type of oil has been used in the car, and don't want to mess anything up by switching to synthetic. Same with the gas, not sure what they have been running.

slyman

Established Member
Use a good branded 93 octane, like my preference is Sunoco. For the oil, you can use the synthetic oil but use a good branded company. I like Amsoil, Quaker State, or Valvoline for me. But they all have a certain preference of choice. But you can use 103 octane gas once a while BUT they are better for higher performance motors.

Liv4Spd

Established Member
Red-line synthetic and the highest of the standard octane available, for us in CA... that's a pathetic Chev 91. :fm:

geoffc

Established Member
Use a good branded 93 octane, like my preference is Sunoco. For the oil, you can use the synthetic oil but use a good branded company. I like Amsoil, Quaker State, or Valvoline for me. But they all have a certain preference of choice. But you can use 103 octane gas once a while BUT they are better for higher performance motors.

+1
I believe Sunoco uses American oil :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread