gas milage of your FOX body

makevelie187

Established Member
what kind of gas mileage do you get in your fox stock or modded/ mildly modded, just curious because iv looked at a few v6s acuras, lexus, toyotas in the earlier years and they seem to get the same gas mileage as the fox bodys(manuel that is) so do they? also i am looking to buy one 90-93 GT anything i should look for when buying on mileage they usually start to have problems at stuff like that thanks.

Last edited:

badvenm

Established Member
Just off the top of my head you'll want to check body tag's, torque boxes, door locks actuators ( just make sure they work and don't make noise) some window motors start to get slow so you might want to check that, door handles inside and out ( they tend to break) , the ashtray door, and one thing i always check is when you open the fuel tank door make sure the quarter panel is not rusted from the inside, if the drain get plugged and water is allowed to sit they will rust, I learned this from my first cobra and is one of the main reasons i sold it. Just few I can remember, over all the things that tend to break are very simple and most the time don't cost must to fix.
Good luck

SVT1993

Established Member
Mileage

24 MPG on the freeway going 80 mph (all hwy driving). Average 17 around town with my foot in it up to the speed limit.

1993 Cobra, all original with 25,000 miles on it.:coolman:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
My stock 93 Cobra gets about 21 on the highway and in town about 10-15 depending upon driving habits :D

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
I honestly dont give a sh!t about mileage in mine, stock at that.

I have an 04' F150 Super Crew with the 5.4L engine. I figure it I get 10 MPG in the city, well then im happy.

SVT1993

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I have an 04' F150 Super Crew with the 5.4L engine. I figure it I get 10 MPG in the city, well then im happy.

I average around 13 in my 04 F150 Super Crew w/ the 5.4. I have driven the truck on the highway, with the cruise on, set at 70 and got 19 MPG. That is not stepping on the gas to pass, slowing down when coming up to slower cars (or passing if I could without touching the gas). Its very hard to have the patience to drive 4+ hours at 70 miles an hour.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I honestly dont give a sh!t about mileage in mine, stock at that.

lol, I feel the same way too about gas milage. I also use race fuel all the time, $4.99 a gallon, not cause I need to, but cause of the way it smells :thumbsup:
My F-150 w/5.4 3v motor also is a gas guzler. average about 10 around town.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
My 89'GT with 207+K miles, just a K&N filter, 3.73s, o/r mid pipe and flowmasters dump gets 24mpg on hwy without the A/C on and 22mpg with A/C on. In the city it varies because I have a heavy foot, but the best I've seen is 17mpg city.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
stock.. 21mpg hwy with the a/c on
mildly modified (heads/cam/3.73's) 25mpg hwy

Blown with 60# injectors... 20mpg hwy

Users who are viewing this thread