gas fumes inside the cabin 96 cobra

shelbycobra

Established Member
when i put 3/4 or when i fill my car up gas fumes come inside the cabin i have changed the canister under the fender and my purge solenoid any advice would help thanks

Cobra Jet

Established Member
For my 94 Cobra - I replaced the entire filler neck, pocket and the large rubber gasket below the pocket to fuel tank - no more fumes. I bought a filler neck off the forums years ago. You can buy them on eBay too. Just make sure it’s definitley for your vehicle year, as the outer diameters, curvature and inner diameter (safety opening) varies by year.

If you already did the charcoal canister and purge solenoid, aside from what was just mentioned above, you may want to check for fuel injector leaks (those O-rings don’t last forever) and check for fuel line leaks at the lines in engine bay from tank to engine fuel rails. Check the couplers and lines themselves.

Also check the fuel filter and it’s lines too. Most don’t realize the fuel filter is mounted up and in front of the gas tank (under trunk pan) and that those rubber lines also don’t last forever.

Users who are viewing this thread