Twin Ford GT Pumps
Dual FPDM's
Wiring Upgraded Throughout
Kenne Bell 40 AMP BAP
Eaton Aeroquip FC-350 -8 Fuel Line
Summit Racing Billet 10 Micron Fuel Filter w/ brand new element
Stock Fuel Rails w/ Thermo-Tech Fuel Line Wrap
FRPP 80# Fuel Injectors

With this fuel system and running just the 3.0" upper pulley (18psi) on the whipple 2.3 for 93 octane, the fuel pump was hitting a duty cycle of 59% and the inj were 64%. Talk about safety margin. The drivability is awesome. Sometimes overkill is a good thing as its got lots of room to grow.

I am curious... what setting, %, u have BaP on? dyno rwhp?

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
Damn good info here...looking into a lot of the fuel stuff now that I want to convert to e85 in a ported eaton will start with some upgrades and work myself up to lower the duty cycle of injectors/fuel pumps

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Good. Info.
OK I need the ~750 level

I will need the 80's injectors to replace my current 60's
Also will need. A bap too hooked up?
I got a SCT#2400 will that be okay?
And a kn fipk. Cai. Is this okay?....or do I need a in fender type one?

Is this for RWHP LEVELS OR CRANK HP? THANKS

Black306

Established Member
Here is another option for the ported Eaton/low-boost twin screw crowd.

I came across a Walbro pump that look damn near identical to a GT pump; it is a Walbro F10000137.

e2337-1.jpg

The only difference, externally, is that it has a check valve in the outlet nipple.

e2254-2.jpg

The nipple is easily removed by trimming the inside diameter of the nipple a bit and pulling the check valve assembly. I can take pics if people are interested.

I was so intrigued by the pump, I bought one along with a GT pump and tested them. In my rig, the F10000137 pump flows ~190lph with 12v@40psi and ~215lph with 13.5v@40psi. To compare, the GT pump flowed ~225lph with 12v@40psi and ~260lph with 13.5v@40psi.

Unfortunately, it's obviously not a GT pump used in another application. But it is a low cost option for people keeping power goals at or under 600rwhp, don't want to use a BAP, and don't mind getting dirty installing pumps.

I've found several Airtex kits that have the F1000137 pump. The cheapest with a proper strainer is kit # E2515. At rockauto, this pump is listing at $88. Without a proper strainer, the E2254 is priced at $82.

RussZTT

Established Member
You can do a Dead Head setup on return systems. You have the feed line going to the side of the regulator then for the return, having it come out of the bottom of the regulator. From the regulator to to the Y block to feed the rails to the front and block of the rear of the rails.

Tractionless1

Established Member
A good start yet not the end all be all by any means as E85, N20, nor Methanol injection is taken into account.

Additionally, that statement concerning "MUST" mount the fuel pressure regulator post fuel rails is patently false. There are a number of us in the forum running deadheaded rails without issue and WITH much cooler fuel than those running as the OP mentions.

I'd like to see the info. in post #1 edited with the notes mentioned from others posting herein. Being this is by far the most concise fuel system build post I've seen on this forum, it's best it be as accurate as possible for those with less experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread