Gas fill up on 03 Cobra

mixedup

Established Member
Everytime I fill my car up it seems to overflow - only put in 5 or 6 tanks, tried it fast tried it slow - always seems to backup and spill out? Anyone else have this problem?

Cure?

Wayneo

Established Member
I had this problem with my other car at one gas station and only at that gas station. So try going to another gastation.:thumbsup:

stevieb

Established Member
I have never had a problem with mine. Sounds like you might have a restricted vent hose, the air is trying to escape through the fill hose when you try to put gas in, instead of the vent hose. Take it back for warranty, that can be dangerous, fuel splashing back on you while fueling.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Next time you fill up see if you have a OPW gas nozzle. I bet it isnt. When I used to do gas station referbs years ago when everyone was changing out in ground tanks It was easy for owners to buy the cr-ppy gas nozzles the dont work as nice. You get what you pay for.

Just go to a differnt station remember to look at brand see.

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member
Wouldn't know. The State of Oregon thinks it’s citizens are too stupid to pump their own gas:mj:

lifter213

Established Member
I would hate for someone else to pump my gas. As weird as that sounds i just dont trust anyone to not f-up something on my car while doing it.

On the problem about the gas overflowing. Like said previously maybe try another gas station or make sure the nozzle is in there good at the right angle. I have a 96' S10 truck that's slammed and since its so low now it messed up the angel of the gas line and i have to pump the gas in it really slow or it will get backed up and overflow.

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
I haveto stand at my car and hold the damn nozzle in my tank because when it is done the whole nozzle will pop out of the car and likely get gas on the side :(

adam

Established Member
I have almost ten thousand miles and have not had that problem as of yet, knock on wood!!

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
lol............ here in jersey we have our gas pumped for us..... and it's usally way cheaper then other states.

can't complain about that.

If I'm in Jersey and have to get gas, I still don't let those ex-jailbird pump attendants pump gas in my car. I get out and do it myself. Those characters have a knack for spilling the gas on the car and/or putting chips in the paint when they ram the nozzle into the filler opening. They just don't care. But I usually try to plan it so I don't even have to get fuel in that state.

Last edited by a moderator:

rust0r

Established Member
ah, you may have the luxery of having your gas pumped for you....but where did you say you were from again ?

just kidding..... probably better off pumping it yourself, like Snoic Blue 2003 said, just think of the trouble you might save yourself from if one of those guys does mess up the car

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member
Rant on.

Oregon has to import its gas from Seattle. The transportation cost and the additional 8 to 10 cents a gallon that’s added for the sloth like pump jockeys makes Oregon’s fuel pretty expensive.

Most of the time you are waiting for the pump jockey to finish another car or quit jerking around. Just the other day I pulled in to a station. One car sitting there fueling, pump jockey no where to be seen. So while I wait four cars pull in. The retard then comes out of the building and walks right past me and serves one of the cars that pulled in after me (I left and went to the station across the street). Another thing that happens, you’ll sit in the car for several minutes waiting for them to remove nozzle when the tank is full. I have gotten out and done it myself. Of course the pump jockey appears from nowhere and bitches up a storm.

This is a welfare program Oregon started many years ago.

Rant off.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
It sounds like the tank vent hose between the tank and the fill pipe it kinked or plugged. I am a Ford tech and have seen this before.

Users who are viewing this thread