garage pics

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
My father built a detached garage with a bonus room up top with a pool table and big screen tv. Size all depends on your lot and money. I would recomend at least 25' deep. That way you can fit most cars in with ease and have walking room around the cars. REALLY nice would be 30' deep.

csc427

Established Member
current garage holds only 1 car, my 04 TR Cobra...25' depth and 20' width. i love the room to get around and work on stuff. will be building detatched garage to hold 2 cars, 1 truck. still like to have room to move around.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
As big as you have room for and can afford :thumbsup:

My two car is 24'x24' and there's enough room for shelves and workbenches and I still have room to move around the truck (and enough room to do the engine swap I just finished).

As mentioned, at least 30' deep would be really nice, deeper if you can fit it. And I'd go at least 12' wide for each vehicle, that gives you plenty of room around each vehicle, so you can actually open the doors, or work on them.

Also, I'd go for 10' doors, I have 9' doors, and there's no problems getting in and out, but an extra foot would be nice.

Oh, and don't forget ceiling height. Especially if you plan on putting in a lift. While I'm very happy with my current garage, I've been keeping track of all the thing I will change with the next one. :-D

This is the only pic I have, it's when we first moved in. Now there is an 8' workbench and shelving along the front wall, and a 12' workbench with cabinets along the right wall:

DSC01368.jpg

csc427

Established Member
can someone post a shortcut to one of the threads on here with garage pics...apparently i dont know how to use the search function effectively. when i type in garage pics in the search function i get a lot of unrelated threads.

Users who are viewing this thread